Scarborough, Ontario , M1V 1S8
Finance Coordinator will be responsible for a range of bookkeeping responsibilities along with providing support for financial and budget management functions. The position will carry out and record relevant financial transactions and will oversee the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports including monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process account payables, including vendor invoices, employee reimbursements, cheque requests, HST and other government filings, etc.
- Process donations, ministry income, government job grants, etc.
- Process various journal entries as required such as monthly depreciation
- Prepare monthly and year-end close of general ledger
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded in ACS for accurate reporting
- Process payroll and payroll-related expenses for all staff.
- Process monthly credit card statements and monthly reports of expenditures for each ministry
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and financial records
- Prepare monthly financial statements for Management review and approval
- Prepare for and work with the Team Lead Ops and HR and auditor for the annual financial audit
- Responsible for the maintenance of financial records
- Ensure compliance with CRA guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles
- Other duties assigned by Operations/HR Team Lead
- Able to support and communicate the mission and vision of Onechurch.to
- Post-secondary education in finance or accounting, or a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Demonstrated experience with financial software. Experience with ACS an asset
- Demonstrated experience working independently as well as with a variety of teams
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and an aptitude for numbers
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism, ability to maintain confidentiality and desire to serve
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve and adapt to change
- Proficient with MS Office [Excel]
- Financial experience in a not-for-profit and/or church environment an asset
40 Hours per week [Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday]
© Copyright Agincourt Pentecostal Church
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 5178 ]