Toronto , Ontario , M1S 3C8
Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Toronto Simpson Chinese Alliance Church (TSCAC) is an evangelical church located in Scarborough, Ontario. We have an early Sunday morning service with 60 English-speaking worshippers and a late Sunday morning service with 150 Cantonese-speaking worshippers.
We also have a vibrant Children’s Ministry serving approximately 50 children ranging from toddlers to 12-year-olds. We’re blessed to have a large team of lay leaders and helpers dedicated to this fast-growing ministry. And as this ministry continues to grow, we are now seeking a Pastor to oversee this important ministry, and to provide spiritual and organizational leadership, to enable us to help more and more kids know and passionately follow Jesus.
As the Pastor of Children’s Ministry, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the children ministry, which currently consists of the toddler class (ages 1-3), young elementary (kindergarten to grade 3) and older elementary classes (grade 4-6).
The Children’s Pastor will:
- Develop a vision, plan, and advocate for children in the areas of faith development, safety, and discipleship.
- Partner with volunteers to encourage and equip children to grow in and uphold biblical values. Provide support and appropriate training to volunteers.
- Implement fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism for children from Toddlers to Gr 6, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Be responsible for creating an environment that is safe for both the children and the adults working within this ministry.
- Regularly and intentionally engage with parents, families, and lay leaders to foster a nurturing environment that extends beyond the walls of the Church.
- Motivate and help parents to see, embrace, and excel in their role as the primary disciplers of their children.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Spiritual maturity, and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
- A heart for children, parents, and helping develop Christ-centered families. A passion for evangelism and outreach.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Theological education. Diploma or concentration in Early Childhood Education and/or Youth and Family Ministries an asset. A solid theological understanding to use when teaching, seeking out and/or developing curriculum.
- Relevant experience in Children's Ministry. Exposure in family counseling an asset.
- A self-motivated leader, engaging teacher, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Possessing relational skills with children, parents, and staff. A passion for connecting with people of all ages.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adhere to the core values of the Christian & Missionary Alliance.
Compensation and Hours
Term: Initially one year, renewable
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Hours: Part time
Compensation: Salary TBD based on experience and capacity
How To Apply: E-mail Resumes to: email@example.com
Though we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 5181 ]