Rosseau, Ontario , P0C 1J0
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and across Ontario through our CITYCAMP program. We specialize in summer camp, day camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: First Cook
Reports to: Sous Chef
Employment Status: Full-time
Location: at our Resort in Rosseau, ON
To provide quality food service to staff and guests through: day-to-day cooking operations, complying with all Health and Safety standards, proper food-handling techniques and Muskoka Woods standards; maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
Key Job Functions:
Food Preparation and Cooking
- Follow daily production list, verify recipes and quantities.
- Cook meals as assigned including all Special Diet menu items.
- Be creative in utilizing leftover inventory and adding sizzle to meals.
- Contribute ideas to the overall menu planning.
Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of kitchen.
- Participates in daily cleaning routines and schedules including the pantry, all fridges, freezer, cooking line, prep kitchen, equipment, dish area, loading docks, walk in area, floors and garbage removal.
- Receives product, verifying invoices and freshness of merchandise, puts away and organizes deliveries as required.
- Washes dishes when required.
- Is aware of and abides by all Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements.
Participate on the Team
- Participate in quarterly Staff Development Weeks and in on-going training with seasonal staff
- Participate in weekly/bi-weekly meetings with team and Sous Chef
- Participate in community events and initiatives ie Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings
- Participate in meetings as needed and corporate events as required. (Town Hall, Annual Retreat)
- Organizes time accordingly
- Other requests as outlined by the Sous Chef
Skills, Attributes and Experience required:
- Hard worker with a service mindset
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Team player
- Has 2 to 5 years experience as a cook/in an industrial kitchen
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values
- Able to assist in unloading of food truck – up to 50 lbs
- Possess the ability to stand for 6-8 hours at a time
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 5186 ]