Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The LPN at the Mustard Seed Wellness is committed to helping people who are homeless and/or vulnerable transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles. This position report to the Director of Clinical Operations & Programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with new guests who come into the Support Centre and do the Mustard Seed General Intake getting new guests referred as quickly as possible to other internal programs;
• Providing routine care, observing clients’ health, assisting doctors and other health care practitioners, and communicating with clients;
• Assisting with and gathering necessary histories for FASD Assessment Clinic;
• Educate and empower guests to understand and achieve their rights and responsibilities, as participating members of society;
• Liaise with internal and external resources that will help guests increase their assets. This includes maintaining existing partnerships as well as developing new partnerships;
• In regards to guests who have a Caseworker, compliment the work the Caseworkers by acting as a consultant and liaison for issues that require guest access to external resources;
• In regards to guests who do not have a Caseworker, refer these guests directly to internal and external resources;
• Advocate for guest as needed both to access resources within and outside the organization;
• Provide crisis intervention, as necessary;
• Provide input into program evaluation upon request;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Build a comprehensive library and knowledge base on community resources;
• Share and disseminate community resource information;
• Document guest interactions, guest referrals and guest progress on HMIS;
• Track statistics and prepare reports, as required;
• Attend meetings and training, as assigned;
• Serve on internal and external committees, as requested;
• Provide input into the development of policies and procedures for designated programs;
• Keep guests’ records and information confidential, updated and secure.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• LPN or equivalent;
• Competent in use of MS Office;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent administrative, time management and organizational skills;
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
• Time in excess of regular working hours may be required on occasion.
• This position is primarily an office position.
• Local travel to various Mustard Seed sites and external agencies will be required
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5206 ]