Toronto, Ontario , M9b1k7
Join us for the opportunity of a lifetime as you build lasting relationships, have a great time and make a powerful impact in the lives of children. As a staff member, you can expect to work hard, make great friends, and see God work both in your own life and in the lives of children and young people in a powerful way. You will be able to use your spiritual gifts, passion, time, and resources to build a church that changes the world by multiplying people who love Jesus, live like Jesus and lead others to Jesus.
Primary Purpose of the Position: To provide supervision, direction and leadership to our camp program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Co-ordinate and implement camp programming and activities in a safe and efficient manner - camp activities may include but are not limited to swimming, rock climbing, group worship, pony riding, hiking, water games, crafts, bouncy castle, trampoline, etc.
2. Supervise camp volunteers and campers: be accountable for whereabouts and safety of campers at all times
3. Lead camp group(s) through a pre-set schedule, but improvise additional appropriate activities when required
4. Participate in the training and execution of emergency procedures: fire drills, first aid, lost child search, etc.
5. Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Family Ministry.
An ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Be a committed follower of Christ
• Be studying for a career in Christian ministry
• Have strong interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills
• Be able to work with people of all ages (kid campers, adult and teen volunteers)
• Communicate and inspire confidence in campers
• Knowledge and experience in camp ministries an asset
• Be willing to travel in the local area of the church
• Able to work outside during the summer
• Leadership abilities: provide clear direction, solve problems and make decisions
• Exhibits joyful and fun energy: positive attitude, create fun for campers in all situations!
• Discipleship and evangelism
• Commitment to the well-being and care of all campers and staff
• A desire to work in a team environment
Supervision and Support:
Reports to: Director of Family Ministry and Minister of the Church
Collaborates with: All camp staff and volunteers
Length of Term (if applicable): 16 weeks of 38hrs/week
Population(s) Served: kids aged 5 - 10.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to submit to St. Andrews Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement. Interested individuals should email their resume and cover letter to the Director of Family Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 5222 ]