Etobicoke, Ontario , M9W 6H3
About Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
Based in Etobicoke, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) equips churches and leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. Our vision is to be a family of churches, transformed by Christ, revealing God’s kingdom. Comprised of about 340 churches, CBOQ is training, equipping and caring for pastors. We are helping to plant fresh expressions of faith, strengthening existing churches and connecting them with the tools and opportunities they need to thrive. We are serving the next generation by creating resources and experiences for young people and their leaders to expand their love of God and love of each other. We’re telling our churches’ stories to encourage and inspire them, building up our whole family through the good news of what Christ is accomplishing through us. We are privileged to journey together with our member churches and associations as we serve Christ together.
Purpose and Scope:
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Receptionist is responsible for welcoming visitors to our offices and responding to general inquiries. This full-time permanent position also performs general office assistance to support the Executive Minister’s Office and other departments as needed.
- Welcomes on-site visitors with a professional, friendly and courteous manner
- Answers and appropriately responds to incoming calls, voice mail and general email
- Assists church leaders and others to find available resources on our website
- Knowledgably responds to questions relating to the organization
- Manages and organizes the reception area, kitchen and meeting rooms
- Receives/distributes incoming mail and faxes; meters/prepares outgoing mail and courier deliveries
- Maintains office supplies: monitors inventory, anticipates requirements, places orders and processes invoices
- Manages contract, purchases and invoicing with coffee supplier
General office assistance for Executive Minister’s Office:
- Prepares weekly prayer list and letters for staff prayer time
- Assists with preparations for board and committee meetings, staff events and Assembly
- Assists with expense reports, correspondence and mailings
- Provides back-up support to the Executive Assistant and the Admin Assistant – Finance and Admin
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Commitment to the mission, vision and core values of CBOQ
- Faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through the church
- Cheerful and friendly manner
- 2-3 years related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven initiative and sound independent judgment
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with databases, MS Office and internet
Qualified candidates may apply by May 4, 2018 to Melody Currier at firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates whose training, experience, aptitudes and adaptability meet the requirements for the job will be considered.
CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 5234 ]