Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
Victoria, British Columbia
Since 1975, The Mustard Seed Street Church (MSSC) has been fighting hunger while restoring faith for families and individuals living in poverty throughout the Capital Regional District. We are a Christian community offering a continuum of care including our Hospitality Centre for relationship building and advocacy, the Food Security Distribution Centre, the Family Centre, and our addiction recovery program at Hope Farm Healing Centre in Duncan. We also offer church services for those seeking a place to belong and grow spiritually. Through these core programs we assist over 5,000 people each month with the help of more than 50 daily volunteers and many generous financial supporters. We are looking for a passionate, goal oriented member to help us expand our ministry!
Position Summary: The Donor Relations Coordinator is an important part of our Development team. This position requires directly interacting with individual and corporate donors who contribute to The Mustard Seed. We are looking for professional candidates who are enthusiastic, goal oriented, motivated by results, and able to ‘close sales’ and maintain relationships. Does that sound like you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in relationships with key funders, establishing and maintaining a productive and fulfilling relationships
- Develop sales plan for The Mustard Seed Coffee Co., increasing sales by 100% from previous year
- Responsible for soliciting corporate sponsorships and increasing donor dollars
- Support in marketing may be required and could include preparation of marketing collateral, direct mails outs, donor and public relations as well as social media; as the Development Team we work closely together and help where most needed
- Responsible for adhering to The Mustard Seed brand standards guideline in the production of marketing and public-facing promotional material
- Arrange speaking opportunities with churches and community group for Leadership Team and Development Team
- Collaborate with and collect information from area leads in Food Security Ministry, Hope Farm Healing Centre, Family Centre, Hospitality Ministry and Church
- Support annual fundraising programs in collaboration with development team and build two new on-line campaigns
- Participating in the Christian ministry of The Mustard Seed Street Church including attendance of chapel, staff meetings and training opportunities in consultation with supervisor
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of five years’ education/experience in direct sales and brand development.
- An understanding of business plans, contracts and legal sales agreements.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driver’s abstract and access to a vehicle
- Strong ability to multi-task; may have to work in busy environment with interruptions and be working on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to concentrate and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Goal oriented, and sales driven; understands the bottom line
- The ability to work well independently with minimal supervision as well as be a team player
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Energetic and relational with the ability to find and build new relationships
- Flexibility and adaptability, as priorities may be shifted
Terms of Employment
- This position is with The Mustard Seed Street Church and requires a person who has made a Christian commitment
- Must be willing to sign the staff code of conduct
- This position reports to The Director of Development
- Term: Full-Time position (37.5 hours/week)
- Hours : Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm
- Some weekend and evening work is required with equivalent time taken off
- Must read and agree to following The Mustard Seed policies which are a living, changing document
- Must provide an acceptable criminal record check, including the level of clearance required to work with vulnerable people
To apply for this position please email career@Mustardseed.ca with “Donor Relations Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications received will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 5244 ]