Community Development Coordinator
Community Development Coordinator
Red Deer, Alberta
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Community Development Coordinator in Red Deer will rally community support and build solid donor relationships for the Red Deer ministry. This position will support and report to the Fund Development Officer and will plan, manage and implement Red Deer’s development and community engagement activity by cultivating relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community.
To enable and equip the Community Development Coordinator, he/she will receive some training and exposure to the front line ministry in the Street Level department. Additionally, all Red Deer staff will have opportunity to work the occasional shift in Street Level on an on-going basis in the same manner all staff will support the work of Community Development.
It is imperative for building community supports that Mustard Seed ambassadors understand and have established relationships with our guests at the front line. This will provide meaningful relationships and context when garnering supports and fostering relationships in the wider community. The Community Development Coordinator will be committed to seeing the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed actively achieved by facilitating a variety of opportunities for the community to support our mission, both financially and in spirit. This is a professional level position responsible for the planning, execution and evaluation of an integrated development plan that results in fostering community patronage, engagement activities and financial support.
This position will report directly to the Fund Development Officer at the same time collaborating with Alberta Development team and the Managing Director – Central Alberta to ensure local priorities and strategy are collaborated accordingly.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed throughout the Central Alberta area and be an example of the Christian values and principles that are the foundation of our ministry;
• Support existing programs that increase awareness of the work of the Red Deer Mustard Seed with regard to the issues of poverty and homelessness and help to identify new programs as appropriate;
• Act as a project lead on several internal and third party events
• Coordinate with interdepartmental groups to leverage any relevant current programs and procedures, such as Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Legacy Giving, Community Engagement and Volunteer Resources;
• Prepare monthly reports and statistics on progress and activities achieved against the key performance indicators established.
• Support the Fund Development Officer in the development, implementation and execution of the Development strategy and program to nurture, solicit, close, and steward individual, corporate, church, foundation, and association donations with a view to increasing revenue for the Red Deer operations.
• Personally cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of individual and corporate donors annually contributing $1,000 to $10,000, with the goal of increasing donation revenue each year.
• Support the Fund Development Officer & Managing Director – Central Alberta by engaging individual and corporate donors and supporters who provide gifts of $10,000+ in stewardship activities.
• Support the Development program through effective gift acknowledgement and stewardship including the creation of thank you letters, impact reports, and personal correspondence where appropriate.
• Assist with the preparation of grant applications.
• Cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community.
• Maintain accurate donor records and facilitate donation processing in collaboration with Donor Relations team.
• Hands-on planning and coordination of all Development activities and special events with emphasis on the newly introduced gala signature event.
• Establish strong rapport and relationships in the Red Deer community by representing our values in all community interactions including church, educational venues and community business leaders;
• Build and implement a strategic Community Engagement program aligned with and supportive of The Mustard Seed’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Alberta Community Engagement teams, and localize those strategies specific to the Red Deer and Central Alberta community needs;
• Creatively and analytically identify strategic opportunities to cultivate and engage key supporters, providing opportunities to match supporters’ interests with organizational priorities;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A Christ-centered passion to end homelessness in Central Alberta;
• Post-secondary education, with preference given to an applicant with 1 to 3 years of experience in fundraising within a non-profit environment.
• Superior interpersonal skills, making presentations and public speaking skills, good listening and negotiation skills;
• Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities and the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
• A skill for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to professionally manage strategic partnerships with churches, consultants, businesses, and government representatives;
• Customer service experience is an asset. Two years of experience in a customer service role is preferred.
• Experience in Raisers’ Edge, SalesForce or other Donor Database Management system an asset.
• Exceptional planning and prioritization skills, time management and organizational skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, writing reports, letters,
• Demonstrated drive and initiative to accomplish results;
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
• Employment Security Check and Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
• Time in excess of regular working hours will be required to meet deadlines that arise from time to time.
• Hours will be as the following: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm however regular flexibility will be required as evening and weekend priorities arise
• Fulltime, salaried position.
• This will be an office-based position which also requires frequent external meetings and presentations and may be out of the office on a regular basis
• Local travel expected with some travel outside Red Deer through the surrounding community and to Calgary or Edmonton on occasion.
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5245 ]