Toronto , Ontario , M4R 1H2
St. Clement’s is a growing church in North Toronto where a diverse group of people is learning how to follow Jesus Christ. The successful candidate will join a dynamic staff team serving a healthy, creative and vibrant church in a growing neighbourhood.
Ministry Position Title: Youth Minister
Purpose of the Position: To form teenagers in the Christian faith by providing relevant and age-appropriate programming, teaching, and pastoral care, in the context of a Family Ministries team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare curriculum and lead Sunday morning programming for Junior Youth, Grades 6 – 8.
- Prepare curriculum and lead Sunday morning programming for Senior Youth, Grades 9 – 12.
- Prepare sessions and run Midweek Youth Group on Tuesday evenings, September-June.
- Prepare curriculum for and teach Confirmation Class.
- Organize separate social and service events throughout the year for Junior Youth and Senior Youth.
- Plan and lead key youth events such as the Maundy Thursday Vigil and Festival of Light (Christmas Pageant).
- Develop pastoral relationships with youth.
- Recruit, train and manage Youth Ministry volunteer leaders.
- Work with the Nursery Worker, Children’s Minister and Associate Priest for Parents and Families to create a cohesive vision for Family Ministries.
- Maintain healthy relationships and frequent communication with parents of youth.
- Participate fully as an active member of the staff team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- A baptized follower of Jesus who worships regularly with a church community.
- Passionate about the spiritual formation and discipleship of adolescents.
- Experience working with pre-teens and teenagers.
- Confident teaching the faith to teenagers.
- A firm theological grounding and willingness to explore difficult questions with youth.
- A person with initiative who is able to plan and implement innovative programming.
- Passionate about leadership development with experience developing leaders (teenagers and volunteers).
- Adept with social media.
- Strong communications skills.
- Excited about collaborating with a strong team.
- Compensation package: competitive salary, pension and benefits.
- 25 hours per week, with a focus on Sunday mornings, Tuesday nights and Tuesday staff meetings. However, due to the nature of the work, some weeks will involve more hours, which will be balanced with fewer hours other weeks. The most concentrated periods of work are Advent/Christmas, Lent/Holy Week, and September. There is also a year-long weekly evening commitment to Midweek Youth Group/Confirmation Class.
- This position reports to the Associate Priest for Parents and Families.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the Rector at email@example.com .
Deadline to apply is Tuesday July 31st, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 5253 ]