Winnipeg, Manitoba , R2L 0P9
JOB TITLE: Children’s Pastor
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 to 45 Hours
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
Riverwood Church Community is a non-denominational church located in Winnipeg, striving to be an authentic church-family that is intensely missional and intensely selfless! Our church history goes back about 23 years when a small group of 30 people launched a church in a local Jr High school. Almost two and a half decades later and about 1400 people gather in one of 5 buildings and 7 worship communities within a block!
Some of the driving values or mantras at Riverwood are:
L3 Living: L1 - Living Intimate with God; L2 - Living in Deep Community; L3 - Living Lives of Influence
“Faded jeans and broken people welcome!”
“Intensely missional! Intensely selfless!”
“Everybody give. Everybody serve.”
…and “We don’t go to church. We are the church!”
We are a church that is committed to living with modest buildings and budgets, but bold and effective ministry. We are a church that innovates. Risks. And wants to follow where Jesus leads!
The role of the Children’s Ministry Pastor is to create dynamic environments for spiritual learning, and life change; for children from infant-grade 5 during weekend services and special events.
The purpose / goal of Riverwood Kids is to help each child grow, and be rooted in the following core biblical principals: L1 - Living intimate with God, L2 - Living in deep community and L3 - Living a live of influence.
The Children’s Ministry Pastor is responsible to provide leadership by overseeing all children ministry initiatives under the umbrella of Riverwood Kids.
General office hours are 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Tuesday to Friday, alternative working hours (evening + weekends) may be required regularly or periodically to meet position requirements.
THE CHILDREN’S PASTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ongoing recruitment, leading and training of volunteers.
- Providing Teaching of Biblical truths in an age appropriate manner to the children.
- The development of, and or finding age appropriate curriculum that is Bible based, and consistent with Riverwood’s statement of faith.
- The creation and enhancement of children’s ministry environments that are welcoming, clean and organized
- Providing a safe environment for children, and volunteers as outlined in Riverwood’s child safety policies.
- Equipping and supporting parents to expand their spiritual influence with their children.
- Supervision of full time, and part time Children’s Ministry Staff.
- Undergraduate degree, formal post secondary education.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and relational skills.
- Strategic planner and self-manager, with proven ability to develop, communicate and execute vision.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, creative; able to encourage and lead others
- Extensive experience in Children’s Ministries within a large church context of 700+, and multiple weekend services is an asset.
Staff members at Riverwood are expected to whole-heartedly sign on and affirm God’s distinct thumbprint on Riverwood as defined in our statement of faith, mission, vision, values and goals. All staff are required to complete the Riverwood Covenant Community course and be in full alignment with the requirements of Covenant Community. It is also expected that every staff member makes every attempt to be involved in the full life of the church, attending church services, and church functions.
TO APPLY: Resume and cover letter may be sent via email to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual. All hired staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 5277 ]