Oakbank, Manitoba , R0E 1J1
Oakbank Baptist Church
Senior Pastor Job Description
Oakbank Baptist Church (affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference) is seeking a Senior Pastor, preferably with pastoral experience.
Oakbank Baptist Church with a congregation of approximately 150, resides in the growing community of Oakbank, located in the Rural Municipality of Springfield, located 20 kilometers east of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Key Ministry Expectations
• An absolute commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inerrant word of God.
• An absolute commitment to preaching and teaching in a way which clearly communicates God’s word and reveals the person of Jesus Christ.
• Strive to protect the church from error and wrong.
• Model and teach godliness and Christian commitment.
• Attentively provide pastoral care to, and counsel the congregation, noticing and responding to those in need.
• Be committed to both personal and corporate prayer.
• Work together with the church leadership in planning and establishing the direction and focus for the church.
• Be discerning of what God is calling us to do as a church in the community, so that the lost will be saved.
• Accomplish significant tasks effectively with little or no supervision.
• Manage the administrative aspects of the church and provide direction and supervision to the staff, as well as help develop and train leaders.
• Participate in scheduled meetings with the church board and committee of deacons.
• Prepare for worship services in consultation with committee of deacons.
• Represent the church at local and regional ministerial association meetings and pastor/denominational conferences.
• Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms and child dedications as requested within church policy.
• Character, conduct and competence must conform to those found in 1Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1Peter 5:1-9.
• Shall be an ordained minister of the Baptist faith and practice, or one who is eligible for ordination in the North American Baptist Conference.
• Shall be in agreement with Oakbank Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith, Church Constitution and Church Covenant.
• Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to Oakbank or the surrounding community.
Resumes with current references will be accepted. Resumes can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants given serious consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5298 ]