Sports Camp Counselor
Sports Camp Counselor
Mississauga, Ontario , L4W 1E4
Summer Position (at various local areas)
6-8 weeks (full-time hours)
A Sports Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing the core multi sports program (basketball and soccer) and life skills/stories experience for children ages 6-12yrs attending the week of camp. They will also be responsible for the general safety/wellness and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her care.
- Model and promote the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCAN through appropriate appearance, words, and actions.
- Lead children through daily sports-based activities and skills by following the daily schedule and program.
- Assist Director and other Counselors with daily tasks and administrative duties.
- Adhere to all operational excellence standards related to providing a safe and fun environment for our participants.
- Assist in daily set-up and cleanup before, during, and after the camp day.
- Guarantee participants safety always and provide first aid when necessary, being constantly aware of children’s medical conditions and food allergies.
- Ensure campers follow policies and procedures.
- Motivate children to participate in the various daily activities.
- Lead by example maintaining a positive attitude and fun atmosphere while overseeing the assigned group.
- Communicate pertinent participant/parental issues to appropriate leadership.
- Cooperate as a team with your fellow co-workers to adhere to schedules and assigned tasks.
- Reports directly to the CCAN Sports Camp Director.
- Training provided
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Current college student or university student (18+) with min 1yr experience or equivalent combination of athletic/sports skills (basketball and soccer), fitness, recreation programming, child and youth work, camp programming, education, etc
- Passion for developing children and youth through sports
- Positive and professional mindset, outlook and communication
- Treat others with courtesy and respect, and great problem-solving skills
- Able to work outdoors and indoors for a prolonged period
- Effective communication skills especially with parents/guardians
- Maintain a high standard of ethics, accountability & integrity
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- High level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day
- Availability Monday – Friday for 8 weeks of the summer
- Current First Aid Certificate and updated Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have reliable references
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 5299 ]