Mississauga, Ontario , L4W 1E4
Start Date: May 28th
Paid Full-Time Contract (6 weeks)
The Fundraising Coordinator is primarily responsible for gathering funds and sponsorship for Summer Sports Camp and Summer Events/Programs. They will also be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations. They will persuasively communicate CCAN’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the management team, the Fundraising I will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Attend community meetings and establish partnerships
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports; Meet fundraising goals
- Conducting prospect research; call and set up meetings to present CCAN
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Current college or university student with min 1yr experience in fundraising, marketing and grant writing; Non-profit Organization and Donor Management program: Grant Writing program
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate. biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with programs and databases specific to CCAN
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 5305 ]