Mississauga, Ontario , L4W 1E4
Start Date: May 28th
Paid Full-Time Contract Position (8 weeks)
The Marketing Intern is a creative, energetic and organized team member with the ability to conceptualize, strategize, create and manage multiple marketing, advertising, public relations and special event projects concurrently. The Marketing Intern ensures that CCAN’s message and brand are consistent across all channels.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible video and photography, slideshows and marketing.
- Work with the graphic designer, web team and technical productions team to ensure superior internal and external communications across all channels always.
- Ensure marketing is supportive of, and consistent with, marketing strategies and brand guidelines.
- Manage the CCAN website content and communications via all social media channels.
- Coordinate development of community-wide marketing, including: web, print ads, and events to engage new visitors and members.
- Oversee flyer distribution, and teams
- Manage information for the Summer Camp and Summer Events communications, including: Facebook page, postcards and flyers, informational signage, online content and others as required.
- Work with the leadership team to develop marketing and communication resources and branding solutions that connect with partners and supporters of CCAN.
- Engage partners and supporters through social media, including: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Write and edit compelling marketing and short advertorial copy related to the vision and mission of CCAN.
- Research, write and schedule creative writing pieces online.
- Manage the development, implementation and shipping of all media content related to the events, programs, and training seminars.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities concurrently.
- Demonstrate passion for positive change and willingness to evolve with the needs of the organization.
- Continually identify, strategize and improve communication efficiencies within the CCAN.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Current college student; or college/university student with experience and knowledge in marketing and media.
- One-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced technological skills and ability to self-learn updates (web-based database system, website maintenance, desktop publishing, cloud-based file management).
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Able to work independently and take initiative and also work collaboratively with a team.
- Able to effectively balance numerous tasks/projects and manage priorities through a flexible working style.
- Willingness to effectively communicate CCAN’s vision and direction for projects, events, and initiatives clearly.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Is approachable, helpful, positive and solution-oriented.
- Must be discrete, thorough, efficient and detail-oriented.
- Experience in social media strategizing and implementation.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check will be required of the successful candidate.
- References required.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 5306 ]