Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4C1T2
The key role of the Administrative Assistant is to offer administrative support for the daily ministries and outreach development of RHFMC, through working closely with the Pastoral Team, lay leaders, and congregants of the church.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain a friendly and inviting working environment to support the daily and outreach ministries of the church
- Provide administrative support to the Pastoral Team, lay leaders, and congregants of the church, including but not limited to the following:
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Sort and organize incoming correspondences (email, phone, letters)
- Run church errands in the community
- Maintain and categorize church and office supplies, including room booking
- Assisting both Cantonese and English pastors to draft announcements, bulletins, and record meeting minutes and archives them accordingly
- Data entry in both Chinese and English
- Assist Pastoral Team in updating effective written communication with members, including but not limited to: updating social media, updating bulletin boards, and drafting flyers
- Handling staff benefits accounts
- Handle sensitive and confidential information
- Maintain office hours while community outreach programs take place at the church
- Performs all other related duties as assigned which may not be listed here
- Provide administrative support for both Cantonese and English Sunday services, ministry meetings, and outreach events
- Working Conditions may include but not limited to: church, community settings, congregants’ homes
- This position reports to and is supervised by the Senior Pastor or delegate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bilingual in Cantonese and English is a must
- Comfortable with working as an important member of the ministry team
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint and Google Drive a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Cantonese and English,
- Traditional Chinese Input a must Mandarin verbal skills is an asset
- Willingness to learn MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In-Design, and basic website updating skills
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Fluent interpersonal skills, over the phone and in person
- Strong organization skills
- Experience in administrative support preferred
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
- Uphold and support the ministry values of the Free Methodist Denomination as stated by The Free Methodist Church in Canada. (www.fmcic.ca for details)
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week. Evenings and weekend hours may be required. Sunday morning is compulsory. Off on Monday.
Compensation: Salary will depend upon skills and experience. Group benefit coverage for successful completion of 3 months probation.
*People with disabilities is encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your application. However, only matching candidates will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 5318 ]