Parry Sound, Ontario , P2A1W2
This is a full-time senior pastor position at Fellowship Baptist Church in Parry Sound Ontario. Only those candidates that we are considering will be contacted.
Our Mission Statement is to be a soul-winning group of believers founded on Jesus Christ. To live as lights in our community, showing love and equipping believers for a life of serving Christ.
Overview of Church and Community
We are a small church group two hours North of Toronto. We have ministries that include Adult Sunday School prior to our 11:00am Sunday Service, Women’s Bible Study on alternate Mondays, Men’s Breakfast at a local diner on alternate Wednesdays, Men’s Bible Study weekly, Junior Church, and an outreach service monthly in a retirement home. We have also been running AWANA this year. Our building is fresh and recently renovated, with plenty of space. We currently use the NKJV, and enjoy hymns mixed with more contemporary praise songs, using piano and guitar. We are hungry to learn and grow, and also to have the gospel preached explicitly. We believe in a literal six day Creation, and believe God knows who will choose Him, but allows free choice. Please feel free to reference our Statement of Faith on our website at www.fbcparrysound.com.
The town of Parry Sound is on the edge of beautiful Georgian Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are walking trails, mountain biking, cross country skiing, golf and other outdoor activities, as well as the Stockey Centre for the Arts for a dose of music and culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as a team with the deacon board to guide the spiritual and bodily affairs of the church.
- Organize Sunday morning and evening services and preach on a regular basis
- Be actively involved with other ministry groups within our church
- Work with elected committees
- Ordained (or willing to discuss ordination)
- Accredition (or willing to seek accrediation) with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists
- Post Secondary Bible College or Seminary is an asset
- Canadian Citizens and permanent residents will be given priority
- A preacher who can make the Gospel plain, clear, and relevant to all ages
- A shepherd who is a compassionate, caring leader to the church and has a heart for the community
- A mature believer who models godliness and Christian values
- An enthusiatic teacher who equips others for service and discipleship
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5336 ]