International Justice Mission Canada (IJM Canada), a Christian, Humanitarian, Registered Charity has been working tirelessly for about 15 years to rescue the enslaved, provide justice to the oppressed, and deliver law enforcement training to ensure the protection of the poor. As the Canadian affiliate of International Justice Mission, based in Washington, DC, they work in nearly 20 communities of Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia implementing their Justice System Transformation Model, which helps victims of violence secure justice while partnering with key authorities to fix broken justice systems.
Over the past decade IJM Canada’s funding has increased more than 15 times its original level and the donor base has increased almost 10-fold. Their supporters embrace the urgency of ending slavery, cybersex trafficking of children, and other forms of violence against women and children. Having largely achieved their 2017 vision goals, IJM Canada is setting its sights on a new set of goals to achieve by 2030 - significantly scaling impact through partnership.
With the full support of their exiting Executive Director, the Board of Directors of IJM Canada sees the need to position the organization for the next decade of growth. Therefore, they are seeking a visionary leader who can speak with compelling authority in support of their work and conduct their affairs to the highest ethical standards. The successful individual will be passionate about God’s call to forward their organizational mission among the poor and oppressed, and be connected to influential people in both the private and public sectors to bring greater attention to and support for addressing injustice worldwide.
Lead as Executive Director for IJM Canada
- Set forth an inspiring vision for how the nation of Canada and the Canadian church can lead in the global effort to protect the poor from violence.
- Develop and execute an ambitious strategic plan in alignment with IJM’s global advancement strategy that achieves aggressive annual growth in revenue for the mission, robust prayer support and establishes IJM as the pre-eminent authority in Canada on how best to eradicate slavery and gender-based violence.
- Lead a thriving and innovative team of high-performing professionals to accomplish aggressive goals set forth in the strategic plan.
- Serve as a spiritual leader to the Canadian team and incorporate IJM’s global spiritual formation practices as a foundational rhythm in the Canadian office.
- Effectively represent the organization externally as a spokesperson with Canadian donors, influencers, media and power actors.
- Model servant leadership in attitude and behaviour.
- Ensure effective and efficient operations within IJM’s office in Canada to include compliance with Canadian laws, effective management of risks and systems and processes that maximize organizational flexibility and foster a culture of innovation and learning.
Contribute as a leader in the IJM Global Advancement Division
- Contribute to IJM’s global advancement strategy through robust engagement with the global planning process.
- Provide input on process and systems to ensure an efficient and effective global operation.
- Mobilize IJM Canada team to contribute significant leadership to IJM-All global advocacy and mobilization campaigns.
- Serve as a member of the Global Program Council, providing input into global field programming.
- Cultivate a culture of joy, transparency, and disciplined execution in the Global Advancement Division.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or International Development, or equivalent combination of Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
- Superior leadership skills with the capacity to manage a large number of projects and inspire strong leaders to achieve impressive, measurable outcomes.
- Proven track record in setting strategy, including for significant revenue generation.
- Strong written communication and an ability to present well in one-on-one, small group settings, and in large forums.
- Ability to build positive culture and align teams behind strategic goals.
- Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
- Strategic thinker.
- Goal-oriented and entrepreneurial.
- Winsome and authentic leader.
- Effectiveness in working cross-culturally.
- Grace under stress and deadline pressures.
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
More information on International Justice Mission Canada can be found at www.ijm.ca.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
If you or someone you know would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Opportunity Profile, please contact:
Larry Nelson and Mark Kraft at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations, through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 5337 ]