Summer Intership: Children and Youth Ministries
Summer Intership: Children and Youth Ministries
Mississauga, Ontario , L5M 2W3
Youth & Children’s Ministries Internship
City Centre Baptist Church, Mississauga, Ontario
Ministry Staff Job Description | May to August 2018
Method of Appointment: Recommended by the Senior Pastor, reviewed by the Elders and ratified by the combined Ministry Board.
Accountability: The Intern is supervised by the Youth Pastor and Children’s Ministry Director and accountable to the Senior Pastor for his/her daily ministry and overall program objectives. The Intern will submit a regular ministry report and will be reviewed based on this job description and the assigned ministry projects. Evaluation will be conducted as a regular element of weekly meetings with one or both supervisors.
Works closely with: The Children’s Ministry Director, Youth Pastor, Pastoral Staff, Office Staff, and Congregation.
Supervises: Supervises and gives direction as appropriate to lay Volunteers.
Program Objective: The Internship program at City Centre is designed to help prepare individuals for full-time vocational ministry. Its intent is to provide an environment where Interns can participate in hands-on ministry with the opportunity to develop the skills required for vocational ministry. In addition, it is the aim to foster this within an atmosphere that encourages spiritual growth and maturity.
As a guideline, mature men and women who sense God’s call upon their lives to vocational ministry are encouraged to apply. Consideration will also be given to applicants who would significantly benefit from serving in Children and/or Youth Ministries in view of related occupations, whether in a church setting or otherwise. On a qualitative level, we seek individuals with a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith and doctrine, who have already demonstrated appropriate gifting and who are currently excelling both academically and in service. With a view to future vocational ministry, the following qualifications are desirable:
- Meets the moral and spiritual qualifications set out biblically for an Elder/ Pastor as per: 1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Pet 1-4. (If married, his/her spouse must meet the biblical standards of an elder or deacon’s spouse.)
- Models an active and growing Christian faith, character, lifestyle, and testimony.
- Firmly embraces evangelical Baptist theology. Unconditionally commits to follow and champion the Doctrines, Covenants, Mission, and Core Values of CCBC.
- Demonstrably gifted in the areas of leadership, communications, and interpersonal engagement.
- Evidences a caring heart for people, and a passion for souls. Relates well multi-culturally.
- Spiritually growing; a team player; an accountable servant-leader with a teachable spirit.
- An active or contingent CCBC Member.
The Intern will be given the opportunity to engage in various types of church ministry from the perspective of planning, training, implementing, and evaluating the effectiveness of programs. Exposure to diverse opportunities will be provided, with consideration of the Intern’s interests, passion, and gifting. Ministry work will often take the form of specific “Projects,” which are self-contained units of work that can be more easily run from conception to completion within the shorter time constraints of the Intern’s work week and duration of the program. Ministry experience may include:
- Discipling youth and children
- Assisting Pastoral staff with leading, teaching, and/or in organizing and programs, outreaches, special events, and retreats, primarily focused on coordination for summer Youth and Children’s Ministry programming and events. This will especially include the following: Year-End Youth Banquet (June 23); Vacation Bible School (July 16-20); Summer Sports Camps: Soccer Camp (July 30 – Aug 3); and Ball Hockey Camp (Aug 13-17); Day Away trip to Emerald Lake (July 21); Impact Young Adults Retreat (Aug 10-12); Youth Leaders Retreat (Aug 17-18); High School Summer Retreat (Aug 24-26)
- Assisting with oversight of Youth ministry programming while the Youth Pastor away on missions (June 22 – July 7)
- Weekly meeting with a supervisor for leadership mentoring, input, direction, encouragement, and to evaluate progress.
The Intern will be given the opportunity to participate in church leadership from an operational perspective as well as ministry perspective. Learning the skills and concepts required for successful administration of church business, proper utilization of support staff and effective organization of ministry servants will be included. Administrative experience may include:
- Developing an understanding of church operations, policies and procedures
- Exposure to church management software, communications and calendar
- Experience with ministry planning software for services, servant scheduling
- Enhancing planning for weekly Children’s Ministry and youth group programming
- Enhancing people tracking processes for Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Organize and update files, and review policies for Children’s and Youth Ministries.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 5364 ]