Special Giving Coordinator
Special Giving Coordinator
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Special Giving Coordinator develops and executes province-wide fundraising campaigns to increase support in the areas of Monthly Giving and Mid-Value Giving.
Reporting to the Manager of Annual Giving and working collaboratively with the Major Gifts team, this is a challenging and dynamic role for a hard worker who has a strong results focused mindset.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively communicate with Monthly donors and Mid-Value donors (defined as donors with cumulative annual giving $1,000 - $4,999), enhancing their understanding of the values and activities of The Mustard Seed to serve people in need.
• Create and share short and long term plans for building a strong Special Giving program with the Manager of Annual Giving.
• Implement strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward existing special giving and lapsed donors.
• Create, document, and maintain processes and procedures for the Special Giving portfolio.
• Work collaboratively with the Direct Response Coordinator, the Data Analyst, and the Digital Strategist, as well as the external Direct Response Agency, to develop and execute integrated multi-channel fundraising and marketing plans for special giving donors, including direct mail, emails, and telefundraising.
• Work with the team to develop and review regular reports for the Manager of Annual Giving and the Chief Development Officer as required.
• Work with the Major Gifts and Legacy Giving teams to identify donors of interest who could be considered for Major Gift cultivation.
• Take responsibility for stewardship activities that align with the Major Gifts team, as a coordinated effort to renew and upgrade donors.
• Participate in gift acknowledgement activities, such as thank you calls, emails, and written notes after a gift is received.
• Work with the Direct Response team to implement a New Donor strategy for Mid-Value donors, with a goal of increasing the % of New Mid-Value donors who go on to make a second gift.
• Plan and execute special cultivation events such as donor dinners, giving day activities, and major meal sponsorships for special giving donors.
• Proactively develop personal relationships with top 10% of Mid-Value donors through telephone conversations, personal meetings, cultivation events and correspondence.
• Schedule meetings and tours with donors.
• Report on the success of initiatives in the special giving portfolio, and make recommendations with the goal of continuous improvement.
• Create queries and reports in Salesforce and review to ensure accuracy.
• Work with the Donor Relations team to ensure that gifts from special giving donors are coded correctly and that their information is kept up to date.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A post-secondary degree or diploma, with a desire to pursue lifelong learning.
• 2-3 years of experience in fundraising or a related field within the nonprofit sector.
• A strong passion for helping people experiencing homelessness and poverty.
• High level of comfort overcoming rejection, probably developed through work experience in fundraising or sales.
• Very comfortable cultivating relationships over the phone.
• A strong team player who can work collaboratively or independently.
• Highly results-oriented, and motivated to perform at a high level.
• Comfortable dealing with data and analytics.
• Intermediate skills with MS Office (in particular MS Excel).
• Experience using fundraising database software (Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce preferred).
• Membership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals is an asset.
• Full-time permanent position
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5369 ]