Development Data Analyst
Development Data Analyst
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager of Annual Giving, the Development Data Analyst will play a crucial role in the growth and long-term sustainability of The Mustard Seed’s fundraising and marketing efforts. With a strong analytical skill set, this person will utilize internal and external data sets to provide insights that will drive action to generate support from the community at large. The Development Data Analyst will be an experienced data practitioner who combines technical skill with creative thinking to solve problems and enhance the work of the entire Development team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Extract data from the CRM system and support team members with creation of custom reports and dashboards.
• Perform sensitive global tasks with database such as mass update, mass delete.
• Create and manage workflows and automations within the CRM and digital marketing systems.
• Provide training on the proper use of the CRM system to end users.
Champion of Good Data Practices
• Act as the internal champion for data standards and good data hygiene practices.
• Assist the Major Gifts team in the management of Prospect Portfolio Lists.
• Participate in decisions around data governance and future data systems enhancements.
Direct Marketing Segmentation and Testing Strategy
• Develop targeting and segmentation strategies for fundraising and marketing.
• Monitor analytics for website, AdWords, social media, and other platforms to identify poorly performing webpages, campaigns and postings, that create opportunities for optimization.
• Support the design and execution of statistically significant testing to help optimize the performance of the direct marketing program.
• Create descriptive and predictive data models to support Direct Marketing and other areas within the Development team, in particular the Major Gifts team.
Analytics and Data Visualization
• Produce reports and dashboards that provide Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual details on financial results and other relevant KPIs.
• Create and run a suite of integrated reports that show the results of multi-channel marketing/fundraising campaigns.
• Create deep-dive reports showing the performance of different segments of donors within a given appeal, and work with the team to produce insights and recommendations based on that data.
• Work with the Finance Department to develop cross-functional reports that demonstrate The Mustard Seed’s organizational effectiveness.
• Work with the Development team to execute special projects upon request.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Business Intelligence or Business Management would be an asset.
• A strong passion for helping people experiencing homelessness and poverty.
• Some experience working in a non-profit environment and a strong working knowledge of non-profit business models and standard practices.
• Experience using the Salesforce platform is a great asset.
• Familiarity with marketing data models and segmentation strategies.
• Experience working with Direct Marketing campaigns would be an asset.
• Demonstrated experience producing analytical insights to drive decision making.
• Advanced data manipulation skills are a core requirement.
• Advanced skills in data visualization using Excel, Tableau, etc.
• Some coding skills are required (Excel functions/formulas at minimum; some experience with apex, java, python, or r would be preferred).
• A self-starting, independent worker who is able to produce high quality work with minimal oversight.
• Excellent communication and team collaboration skills.
• Full-time permanent position
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5371 ]