Domestic Engagement Coordinator
Domestic Engagement Coordinator
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
We’re looking for someone who is cause-driven and is passionate about organizing details, being part of a dynamic team and seeing lives changed with the gospel. You will be a key member of the Domestic Engagement team within our organization and must have a passion to see the gospel spread here in Canada and around the world.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global (TGIC | SWG) is a vibrant and innovative organization that seeks to change lives around the world by introducing people to Jesus. We do this by sharing God’s Word with others through personal evangelism.
For more information, please visit www.gideons.ca.
Revenues: $10 Million
The Domestic Engagement Coordinator supports the Director of Domestic Engagement who leads a passionate team of Regional Managers that are responsible for delivering programs and training to TGIC’s 3,500 volunteer members across Canada. The Domestic Engagement team facilitates the organization’s objectives in evangelism, Scripture distribution, member fundraising, church partnerships and volunteer training and development.
Reports to: Director of Domestic Engagement
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking an energetic and gifted individual to join the Domestic Engagement team. The candidate must be detail oriented, extremely organized, have the ability to manage and distribute information, be administratively minded and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects and initiatives. This individual will be responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to: administrative support for the Director of Domestic Engagement and team of Regional Managers, administrative coordination for events and conferences, processing and compiling weekly reporting on all Department activities, coordinating resource inventory and administrative tasks supporting the participant & ministry engagement process. Excellence in customer service is valued and pertinent in all activities.
The Domestic Engagement Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assist and support the Director and Department with administration and coordination of all Department activities. Responsibilities may vary, but include the following:
- Support for the Director of Domestic Engagement:
- Calendar management and booking appointments & meetings
- Assisting with the development of the Department’s Tactical and Operational Plans
- Organizing programs and initiatives to support the achievement the Department’s annual goals and objectives
- Booking and coordinating travel arrangements as needed
- Planning and scheduling as required
- Managing weekly reports for Director and Department
- Receiving phone calls, taking messages and providing assistance with email correspondence
- Providing support in developing written communications and materials
- Project coordination and administration as identified for events, conferences and volunteer member training events
- Liaising and facilitating cross-communication with other Departments
- Providing support to Regional Managers and volunteer members as needed
- Administrative coordination including:
- Preparing and submitting data and reports
- Project coordination and administration as directed
- Organization of department materials, brochures and media
- Managing agendas and taking minutes for meetings
- Devising and maintaining process and project management systems
- Coordinating materials for Department events and initiatives
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills & experience:
- A working knowledge of all Microsoft Office and Apple products
- Database software such as customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Strong organizational and coordination skills with experience in managing and coordinating all details for multiple projects and initiatives
- Experience implementing organizational processes and systems to support a vision or goal
- Ability to craft communications for various audiences and Department activities and initiatives
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a collaborative, cross-departmental team
- Goal and outcome oriented
- Knowledge of project and event coordination & administration
- Thrive in supporting many projects at once, while ensuring excellence in all
- 3-5 years demonstrated administrative coordination ability in a business or non-profit environment.
- Proven experience in project coordination, and a team mentality in accomplishing objectives.
- Post-Secondary Education, Office Administration/Assistant diploma, and Project Management certification an asset.
The Gideons International In Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and a cover letter.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 5373 ]