Full Time Assistant Teacher
Full Time Assistant Teacher
Toronto, Ontario , M1R 2Z2
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
- To work as part of the day care team
- To work as part of the classroom teams to implement program activities
- Interact with the children to provide support, care and note information which can be used by the team to modify programs
- Assist in setting up and supervising playrooms, ensuring all necessary toys and equipment are set out in accordance with established programs and that the room and toys are kept in clean condition
- Assist children in regular washroom, lunchtime, snack time and sleep time routines in accordance with pre-established procedures
- Help set up and supervise playground activities and organize indoor gym activities during periods of inclement weather
- Maintain positive communication with parents through daily contact
- Participate in parent nights and special events such as Christmas concerts, fundraising, field trips, church programs, etc.
- May assist in safely escorting children on trips outside the center
- Perform specific duties assigned such as taking daily attendance, taking out garbage
- Responsible that all forms, newsletters etc. are distributed to the parents in a timely manner
- Attends staff meetings, general meeting and professional workshops as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Designate if Supervisor is away
- Washing, cleaning and maintaining of toys for classrooms when scheduled
- Care and maintenance of all equipment related to Day Care
- Responsible to report all maintenance problems to the Supervisor
- May be asked to supply in a classroom when another staff member is absent from the center
- Will be working in various classrooms depending on staff schedule, day care routine and needs of the center
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 18 years of age or older as per the Ministry of Education
- Preference would be given to those who have previous experience working in a Day Care or working with groups of children
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening completed and approved before commencement of employment
- Communication skills in order to work with children, parents and other staff
- Written skills to write accident reports if necessary
- Update Medical completed
- CPR and Standard First Aid Training
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: $15.15- $18.94 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact Kim Sturge by June 1, 2018
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 5378 ]