Scarborough, Ontario , M1H 2X4
Roles & Responsibilities
• Plan and develop summer program
• Provide opportunities for professional development, spiritual and personal growth for summer staff • Ensure the evaluation of all summer staff
• Participate, plan and lead effective staff meetings once per week
• Ensure policies and practices outlined in the staff manual are being followed
• Give guidance and direction to on-site volunteers
• Collect photos to update website and social media
• Work with the Administrator and Office Manager in monitoring all expenses and revenues
• Plan, guide and oversee the summer camp program
• Operate all aspects of the summer camp program (including policies and procedures) in a safe, timely, efficient and relevant manner in accordance with current standards
• Ensure all programs promote camper and staff well being
• Make sure program areas, buildings, and facilities are well maintained
• Secure reservations and bookings for weekly trips
• Provide an accurate reflection of the camp mission statement in camp programs
• Provide spiritual development opportunities and support for staff
• Organize fitness plans, individual sports, organized games, team sports, fitness and recreation programs and activities
• Assist in the training of staff and volunteers Supervise Senior Camp Counselor, Camp Counselor, Administrative Assistant
• Create a safe and structured environment for children to learn and to explore throughout the day
• Assist children to develop basic skill in sports activities and refresh their knowledge in basic Math and English.
• Teach arts and crafts and healthy eating.
• Proven expertise leading a team, problem solving, decision making, planning and organization skills
• Between the ages of 17 and 30 at the start of employment, legally entitled to work in Canada (Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred), a full-time student during the previous academic year and intending to return to school full-time in the following academic year.
• Must have a valid CPR Certificate and First Aid Certificate by the first day of camp
• Provide a satisfactory Criminal Reference check and Vulnerable Sector Screening upon hire.
• Complete Plan to Protect Course
• The ability to provide leadership, counsel, motivation, and supervision to a staff of up to 9 young adults; a strong theological background and the ability to guide staff on their faith journeys
• The ability to set objectives, delegate and prioritize workflow such that goals are efficiently met
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational & time management skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule (between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
• Previous experience working with children and youth in sport, recreational or community setting is an asset
Salary & Duration
This position is supported by the Government of Canada and will pay a wage of $19.00/hour at 30 hours/week over 8 consecutive weeks between June 25th and August 17, 2018 (training dates to be discussed).
Interested candidates are required to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the job title and reference number Job# 41722-2018-CD in your application and submit your resume by May 18th, 2018 at 4 p.m.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 5384 ]