Administrative Assistant Red Deer
Administrative Assistant Red Deer
Red Deer, Alberta
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Managing Director - Central Alberta and additionally will, at times, be the first point of contact for guests, and visitors to The Mustard Seed. This position is fast paced and the candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while still maintaining a compassionate and professional approach with all stakeholders. Answering incoming phone calls and inquiries from guests and volunteers is primary to this role, as is working closely with The Mustard Seed guests by encouraging them in their journey and connecting them with the appropriate resources. In addition to providing overall reception support this role will support several key aspects of the administrative needs of the Managing Director - Central Alberta
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer phone calls in a polite and courteous manner as well as track, log, and transfer phone calls accordingly;
• Act as the first point of contact for stakeholders of all kinds that come to The Mustard Seed when the frontline Street Level team is not present (approx. 10 hrs. /week);
• Maintain an overall awareness of the Managing Director’s business needs and activities.
• Oversee the Managing Director’s calendar including: prioritization of meetings, advising on daily events/issues, preparing all necessary documents and meeting material.
• Prepare daily portfolios containing schedules, support materials, travel documents, documents for approval and signature, etc.
• Screen, redirect and respond to phone calls in a professional manner.
• Process mail and email correspondences.
• Schedule all internal/external meetings and appointments and proactively resolve meeting schedule conflicts.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Draft and prepare reports, correspondences and communications.
• Greet and ensure visitors are treated with excellence and appreciation;
• Greet volunteers appropriately and ensure they are assisted as needed;
• Consistently communicate with the Street Level Team and other departments as needs arise;
• Perform clerical duties;
• Attend training as required;
• Act as an ambassador of TMS (The Mustard Seed) to all volunteers, clients, donors and partners
• Act as a key liaison between the Managing Director and the Red Deer staff
• Support TMS and TMS third party events as needed
• Other duties and tasks as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Diploma or certificate in related program considered an asset;
• 2+ years of experience as an administrative assistant;
• Senior level administrative assistance considered an asset;
• Ministry experience considered an asset;
• Strong people and communication skills;
• Knowledge of mental health issues and addictions preferred;
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
• Good organizational and time management skills;
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
• Excellent customer service skills;
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team
• Desire to serve in a Christian street ministry and display Christian leadership;
• Strong desire to work with a marginalized population.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• This position is part of a regular work week schedule, running 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, from Monday - Friday;
• This is a full-time position with flexibility of evening and weekend shifts when necessary;
• The working environment for this position requires moderate amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, and daily interactions with colleagues and clients;
• This position is often fast-paced, and requires a focused amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve;
• Candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5387 ]