Community Hubs Coordinator
Community Hubs Coordinator
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations and Programs. This position is responsible for implementing and developing TMS community hubs. It oversees day to day administration and coordination of activities in securing, setting up and supporting the Hub’s programs and services through outreach and community engagement.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support a Strategic Plan in regards to the growth in Calgary.
• Liaise with key departments (Housing, Wellness, and Employment) to recruit and support Hub Staffing needs.
• Liaise with the wider community to identify partnerships and gaps in services that will create opportunities for further programming to meet the needs of that community.
• Assess and determine the community needs, develop and implement activities to respond to
- Design programming that empowers vulnerable individuals and builds long term community resilience
• Assist with organizing programs, workshops and events to engage the community in active partnerships,
• Develop and conduct evaluations to determine effectiveness of program activities
• Network with key stakeholders and community members
• Develop Key Measurables and assessment tools for various locations
• Maintain excellent communication on a regular basis with their direct supervisor
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
• Undertake a broad range of administrative tasks and duties associated with the day to day
operations of the Hub.
• Remain up-to-date on trends, developments and best practices in the field of Community Hubs
• Other Duties as Assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in the area of community engagement
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in community development initiatives
• Front line Experience and Understanding of vulnerable populations
• Knowledge within the field of community development and community resilience initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to engage, communicate, and work effectively with a diverse range of
people from various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Experienced with developing and encouraging staff to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges and problem
• Must be self-directed and have the ability to work independently as required
• Effective meeting facilitation skills
• Well-developed organizational, time management, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated effective conflict management and networking skills
• Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Must have reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2,000,000 liability insurance
• This position requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends
• On-call shifts may be required
• Fast paced and demanding work environment
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5389 ]