Vice President of Marketing & Fundraising
Vice President of Marketing & Fundraising
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
We’re looking for someone who is cause-driven, understands the importance of philanthropy and is passionate about marketing and fundraising. This individual lives and breathes innovation and understands the power of communicating inspiring stories of impact to engage people in a cause greater than themselves. You will join a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative team driven by seeing lives around the world changed by the gospel. You will be a key member of our Executive Leadership Team and lead the Fundraising & Marketing team within our organization, helping us reach the objectives in our organization’s aggressive 5-Year Strategy, with the goal of sharing the gospel with as many people as possible.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global (TGIC | SWG) is a vibrant and innovative organization that seeks to change lives around the world by introducing people to Jesus. We do this by sharing God’s Word with others through personal evangelism.
For more information, please visit www.gideons.ca.
Revenues: $10 Million
Who We Are Looking For:
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the VP of Marketing & Fundraising is a strategic visionary who values creativity & innovation and understands the importance of philanthropy. The VP of Marketing & Fundraising manages the organization’s portfolio of fundraising programs and brings their skills and experience to furthering the organization’s aggressive revenue goals. A seasoned marketer and fundraiser, the VP of Marketing & Fundraising will oversee all of the organization’s internal & external marketing and communications channels, ensuring strategies are developed and executed to inspire supporters and members in all God is doing through our ministry. Staff development through coaching and mentoring are also critical in this role, and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team the VP of Marketing & Fundraising will serve as a key contributor to building and developing our organization’s culture.
Reports to: President Direct Reports: 5 Indirect Reports: 20-25
Job Type: Full time
- Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team that drives the setting and execution of the organization’s overall vision and strategy and represents TGIC | SWG on local, national and international levels.
- Lead the organization’s fundraising programs, overseeing the development and execution of strategies to meet and exceed the organization’s aggressive fundraising goals through existing domestic revenue channels and the expansion of fundraising programs into the global market.
- Oversee the development of a holistic supporter-centric approach and a supporter care strategy that provides our volunteers and supporters with an exceptional experience.
- Initiate the development of strategies to effectively communicate the impact of the organization’s work, with the goal of inspiring deeper engagement and support for the ministry’s cause with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the organization’s brand initiative, maintaining the brand integrity of both TGIC and SWG and strategically positioning the company as a trusted entity for donors and beneficiaries, while establishing the organization’s status as an industry leader and ensuring the organization is operating optimally through proper management of brand assets, processes, systems, and tools.
- Oversee the development of the organization’s Scripture products and ministry & training resources, ensuring marketing strategies are created and implemented so that all programs, products and resources are efficiently and effectively promoted to and utilized by the organization’s volunteers & supporters.
- Lead in the development of strategies to engage donors and partners in meaningful ways that will inspire deeper engagement in our organization, with the goal of growing our donor base and cultivating existing supporters.
- Develop, mentor and lead staff within the Fundraising & Marketing team.
- Act as a champion for organizational culture by modeling servant leadership and the organization’s Core Values, cultivating trust, collaboration, excellence and innovation among the team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 5-10 years of experience in a Vice President or C-level role, with a proven track record of success in: leadership, management, staff mentorship, fundraising, marketing communications, strategy development & meeting and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Thinks digital first. Understands the importance of technology to fundraise, while simultaneously creating and implementing a multi-channel, integrated fundraising approach"?
- Values collaboration and has experience leading cross-functional teams to meet the organization’s objectives.
- Possesses the leadership, visionary, and management skills necessary to drive the organization’s strategies for aggressive growth, and ensure the organization’s integrity, viability, and welfare.
- Has strong managerial experience and a proven track record of implementing processes to improve productivity, profitability and growth.
- Is an inspiring communicator who can dynamically articulate the impact and vision of the organization and inspire others to engage in the organization’s mission of sharing the gospel.
- Knows the importance of coaching, mentoring and developing their staff, stewarding them in their roles while positioning them to increase their talent and capacity and partnering with them to achieve their career objectives.
- Is well networked and can identify and cultivate partnerships to further the organization’s impact and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Possesses the behavior adaptability to work in cross-cultural environments successfully.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of our organization. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Guelph, Ontario
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and a cover letter.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 5398 ]