North York, Ontario , M4A2K7
This position provides support to the Executive Board, Deacon Board, English ministry and English congregants, by providing office and financial administrative support, and coordinating building maintenance activities to ensure the church operates smoothly. The Office Coordinator interacts with a variety of internal and external contacts, handling requests and redirecting inquiries as appropriate and facilitating communications among volunteers who are not on site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provides administrative assistance to the Associate Pastor, English Ministry (“the Pastor”), the English Ministry Committee (“EMC”), Executive Board (“EB”) and the Deacon Board (“DB”). Includes receiving and sending mail; organizing meetings; filing, photocopying, preparation of documents (in Word/Excel/ Powerpoint/Publisher), and other administrative duties as required.
- Maintains electronic and paper files, including correspondence, contracts, invoices, email, member database and other relevant information.
- Prepares for weekly Sunday services, including weekly bulletins and announcements, and facilities set-up and preparation.
- Primary contact for all English congregational or Executive Board inquiries (internal and external). Drafts correspondence, re-directs inquiries as appropriate, and identifies items for follow up.
- Welcomes and receives visitors both in person and by telephone; screening, arranging access or redirecting as appropriate.
- Coordinates volunteer meetings and special events, and guest speakers logistics (both on-site and off-site). Includes event set-up and logistics, sending invitations and tracking responses, facilities bookings, catering, travel, etc.
- Maintains the church-wide event and meeting schedule; books meetings for English congregation, EMC, EB and DB; and acts as first point of contact to resolve scheduling conflicts across all congregations and departments.
- Gathers IT support and IT requirements for Pastor, EB staff and volunteers. Updates church’s English ministry website as required.
- Works proactively to assist in daily operations and takes initiative to seek and implement improvements.
- Works on and provide support to assigned projects.
- Handles confidential information with appropriate care and judgment to reflect the highest level of professionalism.
- Maintains church member list and provide support to the EB and DB in administering membership record changes.
General Property Administration and Maintenance
- Oversees day-to-day building facility and maintenance requirements. Handles issues and concerns from church members, Pastors, staff, volunteers, EMC and EB.
- Arrange access for vendors and contractors to church building for day to day maintenance and building projects.
- Researches suppliers, vendors and solutions, and prepare proposal for building repairs and maintenance needs.
- Analyzes operational processes to identify and recommend areas for operational efficiency improvements.
- Assist, as required, general bookkeeping activities, vendor records, and other accounting or reporting functions.
- Receives and prepares all invoices and cheque requisitions for payment (open mail, prepare vouchers for invoices, assign account codes).
- Enters weekly donations into donor database; assist in the preparation and distribution of year-end tax receipts.
- Other duties, tasks and projects as assigned.
Key skills and competencies
- Excellent judgment with maturity, and confidentiality in representing the interests of ETCBC and its members.
- Able to prioritize tasks and requests. Good problem solving, multi-tasking and project coordination skills. Able to work independently and flexibly,while managing multiple priorities with minimum supervision.
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to excellence.
- Excellent communication skills, professional and friendly demeanor, diplomacy, tactfulness, and ease in interactions with a wide variety of contacts. (Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin a plus.)
- Able to understand the implications of a situation, research additional information, make guided decisions, and know when to involve others.
- Proficient in office-related software applications (MS Office 2007 or 2010 a requirement; Quickbook and/or Donarius preferred); able to quickly learn new applications.
- Commitment to core values and mission of the church.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field (eg. Administration, business, finance).
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible office administration experience.
- Hands on experience in using office productivity software – MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
- Property management and/or accounting experience a plus.
- A criminal background check may be required.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 5400 ]