Whitby, Ontario , L1N 3H9
Immanuel Christian School is located at 100-A Rossland Rd. W., Whitby, ON. We are a growing and dynamic non-profit organization in need of an experienced, part time (20%) financial administrator beginning July 1, 2018. The candidate will be compensated in accordance with Ontario Alliance of Christian Schools recommendations.
The successful candidate will possess the following character and skills:
- highly motivated, organized and efficient - able to prioritize, set and meet deadlines
- highly accurate and attentive to detail when working with various deadlines
- able to maintain an orderly accounting filing system and ensure financial records are retained in accordance with CRA rules
- excellent teamwork skills - pleasant, cheerful and solutions-oriented
- able to take direction and follow policies and procedures
- possesses superior verbal and written communication skills
- excellent knowledge of Quickbooks or Sage/Simply Accounting software
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- excellent knowledge of Caseware software is considered an asset
- able to process, track and record with excellence and compliance the receipt, deposit, remittance and reconciliation of various monies (accounts payable, General ledger, government filings, payroll, and the generation of internal financial reports)
- knowledgable or dedicated to efficient learning in the area of charity regulations and associated bookkeeping requirements - able to track donations and issue receipts as required
- knowledgable in procedures associated with generating budgets and external financial reports (monitor fixed assets, monitor tuition bursaries, collect tuition arrears, calculate and issue analysis of financial data, conduct year-end preparations, interact with board and membership related to finances)
- chartered accountant certification (CA, CPA or CMA) and 10 years of qualified bookkeeper experience
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Application deadline: Friday, May 24, 5:00 pm. Addressing Cynthia Vellekoop, Principal/COO, please email your cover letter and resume portfolio with the following inclusions: 1) your statement of Christian faith, and 2) at least three references (two professional and one pastor’s reference) to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 5408 ]