Adult Ministries Pastor
Adult Ministries Pastor
Winnipeg, Manitoba , R3R 3X7
940 Elmhurst Road
Oasis Church is a vibrant and growing community of 1500 – 2000 people from all walks of life. Oasis’ vision is to be a church that unchurched people love to attend and our mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Christ and on to maturity in him. We are looking for a pastor who is a driven and proactive team member called to serve our community and beyond. Candidates will be considered as resumes are received.
This position may require the hiring of additional staff to share the workload as necessary and division of the work may be discussed. Other staff may share some duties as well.
Adult Ministries Pastor – Full time
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Sunday Teaching (approximately 5-7 Sundays per year).
- Hosting services (ie. Welcome & Announcements 1-3 Sundays per month).
- Life Groups
- Stewarding / developing overall network of groups and strategy.
- Training and mentoring group leaders / maintaining contact.
- Monitoring overall health of the groups.
- Life Group teaching (numerous times during the Life Group Season (fall, winter, spring) done via video. This is a shared responsibility with other teaching pastors and the teaching pastor for the relevant Sunday (as the topics correlate).
- Weekly video training “Info for the Leader” (shared with Lead Pastor).
- Community Care
- Lead the Pastoral Care Team (volunteer counselors)
- Coordinate annual and May-June Teachings sessions (ie. Marriage course, Alpha, etc.)
- Occasional weddings and funerals.
- Stewarding / developing overall local and global strategy and partnerships.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience valued but not required:
- University / College degree in theology / divinity (or equivalent)
- Experience leading teams and volunteers
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- The ability to organize prioritize, and execute a wide variety of tasks
- The ability to go with the flow but also bring order and structure where needed
- Initiative to proactively move the ball forward
- A love of efficient systems and an ability to build them
- Good proofreading skills
- Have prior experience working in pastoral ministry
- A passion for seeing people take their next step on the discipleship path
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5411 ]