Program and Contracts Manager
Program and Contracts Manager
Markham, Ontario , L3R 0E7
JOB TITLE: Program and Contracts Manager
REPORTING TO: International Program Director
As part of Tearfund Canada’s International Department based in Markham, Ontario, this position is primarily and directly responsible for identifying, applying for, accessing and managing funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and other institutional donors. The Program and Contracts Manager will also participate in program design, monitoring and evaluation to meet the requirements of institutional donors.
Tearfund Canada (formerly known as World Relief Canada) – we’re Christians passionate about ending poverty. Inspired by the example and teaching of Jesus, we recognize that people have deeply interconnected material and spiritual needs. We seek to meet those needs by working through local Christian networks across Africa and Asia - primarily through churches and faith-based organizations that are at the heart of their communities.
Institutional Funding and Programing
- Cultivate positive relationships with all branches of GAC and other institutional donors. Monitor changes at all identified institutional donors and their implications for Tearfund Canada planning.
- Cultivate positive relationships with operational members of the Integral Alliance, especially Tearfund UK, as (potential) implementing partners for relief and development responses. Keep aware of Tearfund Canada local partner capacity to implement such responses.
- Conduct regular visits to GAC, Canadian Humanitarian Response Network (HRN), and Headquarter offices of other Integral members, as relevant to current and potential programming.
- Explore and identify new funding opportunities with GAC and other institutional donors. In collaboration with the International Program Director decide upon a course of action vis-à-vis potential new funding/ programming opportunities.
- Develop new proposals for GAC and other institutional donors.
- Submit and follow up these proposals with the responsible contacts. Facilitate responses for all questions raised, with assistance from relevant field partners. When new programs are approved, facilitate relevant paperwork and contracting, developing suitable project profiles, agreements and payment schedules, as well as Tearfund Canada and partner approvals.
- For all GAC and other institutional donor contracts, ensure that the relevant field partner fully understands the terms of contract up-front and facilitate adherence to contractual obligations throughout the program’s lifecycle.
- For all GAC and other institutional donor responsible work, collect program reporting, review reporting, and provide comments to the relevant partner. Ensure programming adherence to GAC contract expectations, to Tearfund Canada policy, and sound relief & development principles. Submit and follow up on all reporting with the relevant institutional donor.
Program Management, Technical and Monitoring Support
- Plan and design, manage, administrate, monitor and evaluate Canadian Foodgrains Bank projects assigned according to Canadian Foodgrains Bank and Tearfund Canada policy.
- Plan and arrange quality technical support / capacity-building for related Tearfund Canada local partners.
- Assist the International Department team to access relevant resources for Tearfund Canada’s program work, including gender, sexual and gender-based violence; water, sanitation and hygiene; maternal, newborn and child health; disaster and risk reduction; nutrition; and cash programming.
- Conduct 2-3 program monitoring trips per year to the Global South. Trip agendas vary by country and program visited but typically following standard Tearfund Canada monitoring and evaluation tools, including program update and progress review, adherence to contract, and performance targets. Position may require travel to high risk countries such as South Sudan, DR Congo, etc.
- Regular communication face-to-face, via video, and in writing to partners regarding issues identified and proposed recommendation.
- Respond to information requests from the CEO, communications and fundraising departments.
- Other responsibilities as needed and requested by the International Program Director.
- 5+ years in international program management, with some time spent overseas in a work environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with results-based management frameworks, logic models, theory of change and project management frameworks.
- Budget development and management.
- Compliance with international donors, specifically GAC.
- Experience leading cross cultural teams and negotiating with strong personalities.
- In-depth knowledge of Sexual and Gender Based Violence, gender assessments and analysis.
- Comfort with working with and training Pastoral and Denominational leaders in the Global South.
- Cash transfer programming and market assessment experience.
- Adult education and training skills, capacity development experience.
- French language proficiency.
Must demonstrate the following:
- Flexibility and the ability to function collaboratively and independently.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Self-starter, capable of identifying the need for and taking independent action.
- A skilled communicator for business case development (donor proposals).
Please apply by email only, with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Your cover letter should include a description of:
- An overview of your related education and experience.
- How you would integrate your faith with this role.
- Your approach to successfully managing programs and raising institutional funding to help Tearfund Canada fulfill its vision.
We will consider applications as they come in. The position is permanent, full-time, and available immediately. No phone calls please. Tearfund Canada thanks all individuals who apply for this position and will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
Tearfund Canada is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and Christian mission of Tearfund Canada.
Tearfund Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: International/Missions
Career ID: [ 5416 ]