Thornhill, Ontario , L4J 1Y9
Ministry Position: Parish Nurse
Holy Trinity, Thornhill, is a parish that strives to be “engaged when gathered and relevant when scattered”. The successful candidate will joined a parish that has been serving its community since 1830 and through the Parish Nurse Ministry for the past 30 years.
Purpose of the Position: The Parish Nurse will continue to further develop, organize and maintain our healing ministry within the parish, by planning and setting out goals, by working with an established Health & Wellness Committee, and by carrying out a ministry which promotes health and wholeness in the name of Jesus Christ.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Personal Health Counseling
- Discuss health problems with those seeking guidance and information.
- Make home, hospital and nursing home visits as needed.
- Offer presence and prayer during times of crisis and celebration.
- Make referrals as necessary.
Coordinate and Train Volunteers
- Encourage parishioners with health expertise to offer their skills regarding health-related issues and concerns.
- Be supportive of parishioners engaged in caring ministries.
- Work with, and support the activities of, the parish Health & Wellness Committee.
- Assess parish health needs, and train and empower others in meeting such needs where identifiable.
- Work with parish committees and groups where cooperative efforts would enhance health ministry.
Coordinate Networking of Resources in the Congregation and Community
- Work in conjunction with the clergy in the professional care-giving ministry of the church.
- Refer parishioners to various support services as needed.
- Maintain strong contact with other health professionals in the community.
- Act as liaison with community resources and services.
- Report quarterly to the Advisory Board and annual to the Vestry.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Maintain thorough and confidential records
- Establish a budget emphasizing efficient use of resources.
- Network with other Parish Nurses.
- Engage in ongoing professional development in the field of parish nursing.
- Report to the Parish Priest.
A minimum of 5 years nursing experience, including community nursing or teaching experience, to continue the ongoing work of parish nursing. Parish Nurse certification is an asset.
This a part-time position of 21 hours per week (some Sunday attendance is required, depending on the program). Salary and benefits to be determined.
Interested persons are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to The Search Committee at email@example.com
Deadline: Friday May 31st, 2018. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5418 ]