Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
High School Youth Pastor
High School Youth Pastor
Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4C 9X9
Reports to Pastor-in-Charge (PIC) of Young Life Development (YLD) Ministries
As part of a team of youth pastors, serve together in casting, developing and executing a vision in making and developing disciples of Jesus Christ. Through planning, executing, and evaluating our worship, fellowship and teaching ministries, the High School Youth Pastor works to empower and serve together with our adult leaders in the role of mentoring, teaching and discipling our young generation.
Duties and responsibilities Celebration:
- Plan and lead preaching series which are relevant to our students and align with our Youth Ministry direction and vision
- Plan and serve with other adult congregations to organize relevant joint worship services (i.e. Christmas, Good Friday, Missions Sundays, etc.) Cultivation:
- Recruit, train and lead adults as youth coaches/counselors in youth fellowship
- Recruit, train and disciple student leaders in youth fellowship
- Plan, organize and execute weekly fellowship programs in alignment with the Youth Ministry direction and vision
- Mentor students on a regular and personal basis
- Teach Youth Sunday School Care:
- Develop a youth ministry culture of care where students and adult leaders feel welcomed and part of a family community
- Integrate and welcome newcomers and new students into the Youth Ministry Community.
- Partner with parents and provide support, time and counsel to students in times of crisis
- Teach and model how to better engage their faith in this present culture
- Develop and plan relevant ministry events relevant to reach non-believers or non-churched students
- Born again, baptized believer who has a passion for discipling youth and investing in our young generation
- Master in Divinity or equivalent education or ministry experience in youth is preferable.
- Critical thinker who seeks to discover new ways to reach young people in our current culture
- Culturally relevant, biblical and sensitive in their approach to ministry in our church context. Ability to “think outside the box” and focused on leading cultural change
- A team player who works well with others and able to connect on a personal level with their peers
- Competent with good organizational skills to serve in the intricate dynamics of a “mega-church”
- Strong communication and preaching skills.
Regular office hours, some evenings, and weekend duty. Some travel may be required (conferences, mission trips, etc)
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5424 ]