Intake Assessment Facilitator
Intake Assessment Facilitator
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
Reporting to Team Supervisor, the Intake Assessment Facilitator (PT) will warmly welcome and introduce new guests to the Mustard Seed Shelter. The Intake Worker is responsible for basic registration, feeling comfortable with all the shelter rules and procedures and giving information about programs and services as appropriate. Intakes will end with a tour of the shelter.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up a guest profile on the HMIS system for each new guest that comes to the shelter.
• Interview the guest and accurately enter the answers to the provincially mandated questions in the computer.
• Print a Mustard Seed ID card for each new guest.
• Explain the rules of the shelter and have each new guest sign the Shelter Expectations Form.
• Give each new guest an orientation to the shelter;
• Give guests information on which other Mustard Seed programs might be a good fit for the guest.
• Refine intake tools to fit the needs of the shelter program;
• Other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Degree/Diploma in the Human Services field and/or 3 years related work experience
• Ability to accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand and improve systems and processes.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Proficient in Word processing software, Spreadsheets, Microsoft outlook, and PowerPoint presentations
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
• Ability to adapt and work within a changing environment.
• Strong team player.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team.
• Ability to ‘read people’ and be perceptive.
• Strong communications skills.
• Strong administrative skills.
• This is a permanent PT position – Saturday & Sunday; 2.00pm – 10.30pm
• Fast paced and demanding work environment;
• There is minimal physical effort required for this role
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5436 ]