The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Employment Coach is a city-wide leader in supporting Calgary’s homeless in finding and keeping sustainable employment. The Coach works collaboratively with other members of the Employment Team, other Mustard Seed departments as well as external employers and agencies to break the stigmas of homelessness and help guests achieve their employment goals.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Exceptional liaison who is eager to make connections with businesses and employers in the community;
• Effective in uncovering employment opportunities and supporting clients to achieve their goals;
• Possesses skills in motivational interviewing, coaching and thinking outside the box in order to problem-solve;
• Experience working with vulnerable populations that demonstrates empathy and compassion while understanding the importance of boundaries;
• Someone who will thrive in a mobile environment and who is driven to meet targets.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively and competently use the Supported Employment model and weighted caseload model to move guests towards The Mustard Seed’s employment initiatives;
• Collaborate closely with the Employment Manager and Employment intake facilitator to link guests to potential employers;
• Make two (2) face-to-face contacts with potential employers each week;
• Use Motivational Interviewing to help guests progress toward their employment goals;
• Set personal, financial and employment goals with guests and review regularly;
• Provide support and crisis intervention to both guests and employers as necessary;
• Document all guest interactions and progress;
• Work collaboratively with other Mustard Seed program areas as well as external agencies and refer guests to their case managers when needed;
• Meet weekly with Employment Supervisor to evaluate your progress;
• Accountable for monthly KPI goals;
• Attend meetings and training as required;
• Utilize volunteers to assist clients in meeting their employment goals;
• Other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Degree/Diploma in Human Services field or 2 years related work experience;
• Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.);
• Valid Driver’s License (Class 5);
• Must have reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2,000,000 liability insurance;
• Reliable vehicle required (Parking provided, mileage reimbursement);
• Excellent organization and time management skills;
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team;
• Ability to accomplish goals with minimal supervision;
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
• Standard office hours, 8am – 4.30pm or as required to fulfil duties of the role
• Combination of community and office setting with approximately 80% of time spent in the field – using your own vehicle
• Working in and amongst a diverse group of individuals;
• Fast paced and demanding work environment;
• Cell phone and laptop are provided to accommodate mobile work
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5448 ]