Community Life Pastor
Community Life Pastor
London, Ontario , N6P 1E8
The Community Life Pastor leads New Hope’s efforts to create environments where people can experience biblical community—connecting with God and each other.
The Community Life Pastor will:
- Care for and oversee the church’s small group ministry.
- As Youth Specialist, co-ordinate all youth activities including senior high and young professionals.
- Develop and maintain an effective small group strategy that engages more of the congregation and aligns with the overall vision of the church.
- Develop a system to recruit, train, and support small group leaders.
- Provide oversight for the church’s gender-specific, interest-specific, and age-specific small groups, along with oversight of the church’s men’s and women’s community events.
- Review small group curriculum for biblical consistency, ability to engage users, and its fit within the mission and vision of the church. Make recommendations of appropriate curriculum to small group leaders.
- Regularly report to the Lead Team on the health and growth of the small group system.
- Provide support during Sunday services and other special events.
- Lead and coordinate key church support and services such as the First Impressions team.
- Member of the Sunday Communications Team.
- Serve as a member of the Church’s Lead Team.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Maintain active communication, sound interpersonal relationships and rapport with others at New Hope.
- Responsible for the financial administration of Adult Ministries.
- Be governed by the PAOC Statement of Fundamental and Essential Truths along with the Ministerial Code of Ethics for Credential Holders of the PAOC.
- Other activities or responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: BA/Diploma of Theology or equivalent.
- Experience: Strong and proven background in ministry including a significant and successful youth ministry.
- Proven track record of success in both leadership and mentoring roles; minimum 3 years’ experience in a multiple staff church.
- Character: Proven integrity, a servant leader, possessing character traits found in 1 Tim 3:1-6.
- Accountability: Direct report to the Senior Pastor. A personal and ministry development plan to be submitted annually.
- A relational and engaging personality that balances people concerns and the completion of tasks.
- Experience with multiple types of small group strategies.
- An ability to work with people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- A personal history of small group involvement.
- A strong commitment to the mission of the church.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Denise Swaenepoel. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5462 ]