Vancouver, British Columbia , V6G 2S3
Facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc.
Partners International Canada (PIC), based in Brampton, ON, is seeking an experienced ministry/charity executive (NGO/NFP) to serve as President of this faith-based organization with a heart and passion for its mission: “To mobilize Canadians into partnership with indigenous-led Christian ministries seeking to bring holistic transformation and advance the kingdom of God.”
The Board of Directors eagerly anticipates collaborating with the new President in establishing a fresh and revived strategic plan, along with its implementation. They are eager to connect with additional Canadian supporters and further grow the holistic impact of this established organization and that of their cherished indigenous ministry partners.
Reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors, the President will have overall strategic and operational responsibilities and will manage an annual fundraising goal and budget of $4 million. As part of healthy board governance practices, the Board and the President equally respect one another’s areas of responsibility.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven record of strong leadership, organizational development and interpersonal communication skills. The President will also be an engaging and effective spokesperson, promoting lasting relationships between Canadian stakeholders and the indigenous ministry partners to achieve PIC’s mission and goals. He or she will ably work both effectively and collaboratively with a passionate, dedicated team of over 10 staff members and multiple volunteers. Additionally, the President is expected to develop fundraising relationships with key individuals, the foundation and church donors.
- Under the delegated authority of the Board of Directors, the President is responsible for organizing, directing and supervising all activities at PIC, including, but not limited to, reporting to the Board on activities, developing a culture of excellence in the organization, enhancing development activities in order to obtain a secure and growing income stream for the organization, and monitoring the progress and effectiveness of ministry partners.
- Developing and maintaining an overarching vision for PIC that provides cohesive direction to the staff, outside agencies and ministry partners.
- Implementing the mission statement, overall operations, and ensuring the integrity and growth of the ministry.
- Exercising overall responsibility for the spiritual, organizational, financial and human resources integrity of PIC.
- Providing strategic leadership for PIC whereby present and future opportunities to advance the global mission and ministries of PIC are identified and incorporated into clear goals, objectives and plans.
- Ensuring the effective operations and strategic outcomes of the core departments of PIC (International, Finance and Administration, Fundraising and Marketing).
- Modelling the Core Values of Partners International Canada, and ensuring that these values anchor every aspect of the organization’s operation, guide decision-making and inform the individual and collective behaviour and actions of all staff.
- Provide vision and leadership in developing long-term strategies and initiatives for PIC both in the areas of donor development within Canada and the mission’s involvement in overseas ministries.
- Act as an official spokesperson, senior organization representative and ambassador whenever possible and required.
- Foster a leadership culture which promotes inclusiveness, growth, unity, productivity, authenticity, trust, and the spiritual health of all staff and partners.
- Provide leadership in raising the strategic and operational capabilities of all partner entities and aligning those capabilities in such a manner as to strengthen the ministry effectiveness and impact of PIC.
- Coordinate Canadian activities with the leaders of other Partnership Alliance Affiliates worldwide.
Stakeholders and Relationships
- Create and build stakeholder, public, and online understanding and awareness of PIC, its vision, mission and goals.
- Maintain effective relationships with external organizations such as the Canadian Council of Christian Charities and the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partner ministries.
- Maintain a financially sustainable organization by growing and managing donor income and organizational costs to ensure a robust balance sheet.
- Build the human resources capacity and competencies to align with the mission and values of PIC so that PIC is able to deliver on its objectives.
- Ensure robust HR systems for staff acquisition, retention, development, succession, safety, and wellbeing.
- Participate in the hiring and development of all senior staff and be aware of, and approve, all hires and discharges of employees.
- Supervise and mentor direct reports.
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements applying to Partners International are fully complied with and annually provide the board with a signed certificate of compliance to that effect.
Fundraising and Donor Development
- Directly fundraise from a select group of major donors, foundations and churches who are key stakeholders in Partners’ ministry.
- Lead and support the major donor development team who meet with, and encourage, high net-worth individuals and organizations on a regular basis.
- Supervise PIC’s marketing plans and their implementation including online and testing of innovative approaches to donor development.
- Audit International Operations and support the development and organizational strength of partner ministries.
- Participate in appropriate domestic and overseas trips to ministry partners and other travel connected to official business.
- Regularly inform the Board of PIC to support the Board’s due diligence and fiduciary responsibilities consistent with best in practice governance.
- Ensure that the Board can effectively perform its governance responsibilities by providing all required and other reports in a timely fashion.
- Participate in an ex officio basis with the Board and its sub-committees.
Enterprise Risk Management
- Effectively manage the organizational/reputational risk to PIC so that any risk to the integrity of PIC is minimized.
- Effectively manage the operational risks to PIC and its internal control systems consistent with the highest standards in order to minimize exposure to adverse events and fraudulent activity.
- Responsible Christian leader and believer in Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, college or seminary required. Master’s degree, additional personal and/or professional training and certifications preferred.
- Seven to ten years of significant marketplace leadership experience.
- International experience in the lesser-developed world context preferred.
- History of success in the marketplace or in ministry, with a clear footprint of accomplishing mission-driven objectives in an environment requiring advanced business acumen and the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing financial and human resources in a single organization over a period of several years.
- Broad knowledge of business operational activities and missiological concepts and practices preferred.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, the legal obligations of Canadian registered charities preferred.
- Widely regarded ability to become the “face” of PIC and establish rapport with the churches and donor-base of PIC’s supporting constituency.
- Demonstrated successful fundraising skills in the Canadian charitable environment preferred.
- Established ongoing connections with international, evangelical leaders preferred.
- Big picture perspective with the courage and emotional intelligence to take caring and decisive action when appropriate.
- Ability to create, articulate, and inspire in others a vision for the organization.
- Energetic, forward-thinking, creative individual with the ability to identify and cultivate these characteristics in others.
- Ability to mentor and be mentored.
- Excellent verbal, written, and digital media communication and persuasion skills.
Partners International Canada has achieved great advancements to date and they expect an even greater future!
More information on Partners International Canada can be found at partnersinternational.ca
Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
If you or someone you know would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Opportunity Profile, please contact:
Larry Nelson and Mark Kraft at email@example.com
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations, through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 5484 ]