Winnipeg, Manitoba , R2J 4B6
BETHEL COMMUNITY CHURCH - love God, love people!
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW - WORSHIP MINISTRY PASTOR
The primary responsibility of the Worship Ministry Director will be to recruit, mentor and schedule weekly worship teams, lead practices and coordinate the worship ministry at BCC (including training new musicians/vocalists and giving practical and spiritual leadership to the worship team). This role will include communication with the worship team members, multi-media, sound technicians and weekly communication with pastoral team in regards to service format/needs, special events, etc. to ensure the service flows as smoothly as possible from beginning to end and are led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading a Worship team/band & congregation in meaningful worship
• Sense a calling to serve in this type of ministry & have talent & abilities in this area
• Track record of success as a team builder.
• Proficiency in playing keyboard or guitar.
• Ability to lead and recruit volunteers in all areas of Worship Ministry
• Ability & willingness to lead contemporary style music and some occasional traditional or remixed
• Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience or qualified worship degree
• Heart for the spiritual growth of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
• Relational skills and an enthusiastic attitude
• Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Media, sound and video production.
• Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
• Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
• Commitment to ongoing personal & professional growth.
• Fully support the mission, vision, and worship needs of Bethel Community Church
• Must have a teachable heart.
• Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Bethel Community Church.
• Communicate regularly with Pastoral Staff in regards to music needs, upcoming events, etc
• Build Worship Team schedules
• Ensure regular practices are carried out by worship teams
• Provide periodic worship training via video, personal instruction or guest speakers.
• Incorporate a prayer & devotional time at each practice to encourage personal spiritual growth in team members and growth in leading people into spirit lead worship.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of new worship experiences with modern, contemporary and traditional styles of worship (including periodic special song dramatization, etc).
• Oversee and recruit leaders/volunteers for Video recording & editing for service announcements, special video clips and weekly sermons.
• Be responsible for a consistent, quality sound mix by giving regular timely, specific feedback to the techs.
• The ultimate goal is to provide an inviting, contemporary, worshipful atmosphere where people can encounter God in a meaningful way. Vocalists & musicians must be worshippers to truly lead in worship.
• Be on time and well organized for all Worship Ministry interactions. Ensure stage and equipment is setup for each service/event.
• Attend and support weekly services and events, and staff meetings.
• Build positive dynamics within the worship ministry team. Work in harmony, respecting, cultivating and utilizing the abilities of each individual without feeling intimidated or threatened. We are working “together” for the Lord and each member brings different strengths. As you use others to their full potential, your ministry will grow and be blessed as well.
• Be open to change and the shifting/sharing of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop
Apply for this position:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about worship and has the love, enthusiasm and energy to lead a vibrant worship ministry that will lead the team and congregation to a deeper level in their experience with God.
Winnipeg is the 7th largest city in Canada, serving over 800,000 people in the metropolitan and surrounding areas.
Send a cover letter and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org - initial interviews will be done online upon receipt of each resume.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 5522 ]