Langley, British Columbia , V2Y 1Y1
Position Title: ACTS Seminaries Accountant
Remuneration: Experience Dependent
Position: Type Full Time or Part Time (negotiable)
Location: TWU Langley Campus
Posting Date: June 8, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
Provides leadership for financial and related business operations of ACTS Seminaries
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Society Financial Oversight: Oversee financial operations of ACTS Seminaries including the financial systems, multi-year budgeting, and both internal and external financial reporting procedures. Liaise with CFO’s of member seminaries and TWU Office of the Registrar.
2. Operational Leadership: Serve as primary contact for ACTS Seminaries business contracts and employment systems. Oversee business-related procedures, employee benefits programs, payroll, insurance, and related legal matters. Contributes to the development of operational strategies and goals that effectively carry out the objectives of ACTS Seminaries.
3. General Financial and Administrative Management: Oversee the financial cycle of ACTS Seminaries, including tuition, member contributions, receivables, payables, audit, tax compliance and reporting etc. This will include policy administration, internal controls and budgeting and on-going forecasting procedures for ACTS Seminaries in consultation with member school CFO’s. Manage business contracts, insurance planning, financial agreements, lease contracts and other administrative duties as assigned.
4. Standards: Stay current in and apply all relevant accounting, taxation and business standards. Participate in ongoing review and refreshment of financial policies and procedures by leading quarterly meetings with the CFOs.
5. Team Involvement: Work closely with the Executive Director of ACTS Seminaries as a member of the ACTS Seminaries leadership team. Provides oversight for the quality/quantity of work completed by the ACTS Bookkeeper and is responsible to coach and mentor the ACTS Bookkeeper.
6. General: Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of ACTS Seminaries and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the enterprise.
Job Standards & Requirements
Education: 4-year university degree in a relevant business program and completion of or working toward a CPA designation is required.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of accounting / financial management experience required.
Skills/Abilities: Demonstrated leadership, analytical and administrative skills. Able to research and develop financial systems and procedures, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Superior skills in the use of computer software for financial reporting, including advanced Excel skills. Maintains a high level of personal discretion over confidential information. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment. Able to work effectively and in a manner displaying servanthood in all areas of work, with ACTS Seminaries managers, students and employees, including those of its partners and those external to the enterprise.
Personal: Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to ACTS Seminaries’ mission, including its statements of faith and covenant. Impeccable character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 5525 ]