Sumerside, Prince Edward Island , c1n4l2
The purpose of this church is to bring people to faith in Jesus Christ, welcome them to actively be involved in the church, and to help them to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ that increasingly they may know and do His will. We also support the unity of all Christians and with them engage in the common task of building the Kingdom of God.
Central Street Christian Church is looking for a full-time pastor. We are a small congregation with an emphasis on outreach in our local community of Summerside, PEI, and the mission fields we support. Our congregation consists mostly of seniors with a small number of young families with a weekly attendance of 40-50. Our church was one of the first Protestant churches in Summerside with over 155 years of service to the community.
We are looking for someone with passion to assist us to further our relationship with God and the community which we serve. We are looking for a person with a vision who will help us build a stronger church for our future.
• That the church should develop a need to grow through discipleship
• That it is important to create and equip leaders to expand the Kingdom of God
• That regardless of age, everyone is important and capable of carrying our some part of God's
• That loving relationships with other Christians is important to help us deepen our relationship with God.
• That we need to teach biblical topics that are relevant to today's society.
• Graduate of an accredited Christian institution.
• Preference of 10+ years of pastoral experience.
• A person whose priority is a relationship with God.
• A follower of God with a deep understanding of scripture, listening to the Holy Spirits guidance to understand God's word.
• Belief in Baptism by immersion.
• Capable of delivering messages relevant to today.
• An empathetic shepherd who lives in truth with words and actions caring for each member of their flock.
• Is self motivated and a team player.
• Able to coach and motivate others to reach their best potential.
• Relate well to both one on one and groups.
• Be interested in community involvement and outreach, and live in the area.
• Preach and teach the word of God with balance, doctrine, and principles of Christian faith.
• Is accountable to the Elders.
• Encourage and equip leaders to fulfill their mission and goals.
• Join our planning and worship committee to work with our church leaders and other church ministries.
• Take primary responsibility for preaching in all church services.
• Encourage corporate prayer.
• Lead and train in discipleship and personal witness.
• Attend the leadership meetings to assist in the planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating of the overall ministry.
• Arrange for pulpit supply in case of absence (Elders will help with this initially).
• Participate in pastoral visits (individuals in need, sick or in hospital).
• Build relationships with all those in the congregation.
• Encourage and educate children and youth to participate in congregational activities.
• Maintain a regular office schedule.
• Dress business casual.
For more information please visit our website at www.csccpei.com
Interested applicants can send a cover page and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Drop off at 83 Central Street Summerside PEI, addressed to the chairperson, pulpit committee
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5527 ]