Full Time Supervisor of Case Management
Full Time Supervisor of Case Management
Toronto, Ontario , M5C 2H4
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Case Management Program
- Creates, monitors and implements Case Management Policies in consultation with the Gateway Director and THHS Program Services Director.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of client intake and case management process using Housing First approaches and processes.
- Understands and embraces Critical Time Intervention as a case management model and supports the Case Management Team in their direct work with clients and in brokering community supports.
- Completes statistical data and other reports as required by the director.
- Chair of Case Management Team meetings; represents the Case Management Team to other members of the Gateway staff, at staff meetings, etc.
- Responsible to participate in On Call coverage.
Direct Case Management
- Carries a caseload and provides direct case management services to 10-15 clients.
- Responsible for liaising with external agencies, making and accepting community referrals as required.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating client files.
- Advocates on behalf of Gateway clients and ensures that best possible services are provided.
Case Management Staff Supervision
- Supervises Case Management staff ensuring provision of effective case management services.
- Conducts regular formal supervision and annual performance appraisals with all members of the Case Management staff.
- Responsible to define tasks, responsibilities, policies and procedures for the members of the Case Management staff.
- Identifies educational and training needs of Case Management staff and coordinates training opportunities.
- Responsible to supervise MSW students placed at The Gateway through Toronto Housing & Homeless Supports.
- Serves as a resource to the Case Management staff.
Assistance with Human Resources
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and orientation for the Gateway Case Management & Housing staff.
- Recommends disciplinary actions including termination in concert with the Director of Employee Relations, THQ/DHQ standards and the Employment Standards Act.
- Organizes and assists with staff training in accordance to the facility policies.
Assistance with Finances
- Prepares the Housing Services portion of the annual budget in consultation with the Director.
- Assists with the monitoring of financial expenditures in the Housing Services department as per yearly budget projections.
- Responsible for the approval and distribution of client assistance funds in accordance with policies set by TSA and The Gateway.
- Adheres to standards that are consistent with the values & philosophy of The Salvation Army, Toronto Housing & Homeless Supports and The Gateway.
- Member of the Management and Program Management Teams.
- Reads and complies with the Gateway Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Understands and adheres to policies set by funding bodies (i.e. Toronto shelter standards) and works in compliance with such guidelines at all times.
- Participates in authorized seminars and training sessions as requested.
- Ensures that Case Management staffs are trained in accordance with The Salvation Army’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures that The Salvation Army Accreditation Standards for Social Services are maintained and participates in the review process.
- Participates in the strategic planning process.
- Represents The Gateway on community committees as designated by the Director.
- Represents the organization in a professional manner at all times.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College or University Degree in Social Services.
- Minimum of three year’s experience working in the homelessness field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Effective in leading teams and working collaboratively to achieve to organization’s mission and goals.
- Competency in effectively making and implementing decisions.
- High level of case work skills, including proven knowledge of case management and ongoing treatment, as well as a clear conceptual framework for the practice of social work.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other service personnel within the program, the agency, and outside resources.
- Ability to assess the appropriateness of community resources and articulate The Gateway’s mandate to outside agencies.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and meet deadlines.
- Ability to set priorities and use time effectively.
- Ability to function with appropriate initiative and independence within the framework of a team.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 5530 ]