Full Time Case Manager
Full Time Case Manager
Toronto, Ontario , M5C 2H4
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY: Provide Case Management and support services to residents of The Gateway Shelter with the goal of promoting housing stability
- Provide direct consultation, referral, and supportive case management to residents of the shelter
- Conduct intake interviews with first time and ongoing residents to determine needs and offer appropriate supports and referrals
- Provide case management services to residents at Gateway in accordance with THHS case management strategy and as required by supervisor
- Assist residents in establishing goals, monitoring progress, and preparing case plan towards housing
- Refer residents to appropriate resources for the purpose of housing, employment, educational, recovery and other case specific needs
- Document all relevant case notes and maintain confidentiality and accuracy of case files
- Participate in regular case management meetings and other meetings as required
- Utilize community resources and cultivate where possible, useful community contacts
- Represent Gateway at community meetings as appointed by the supervisor
- Perform all related duties as determined by the Supervisor of Case Management
- 2 years of College Social Services education and/or Psychology diploma or certificate
- Minimum of two year experience in the field of Mental Health or Addictions
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable
- Good working knowledge of community resources
- Good command of English language and interpersonal skills
- Certification in First Aid/CPR and Crisis intervention training
- Clean criminal records check
- Hostel Standards Training Certificate an asset
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 5531 ]