Sussex, New Brunswick , E4E 1E6
Job Description - Enrolment Counsellor
Position Title: Enrolment Counsellor
Classification: Full-time Staff
Responsible To: Director of Enrolment
Purpose: To be an effective mobilizer of Kingswood University for the Kingdom of God
Goal: To identify, journey with, and develop relationships with prospective students who are sensing and/or exploring a leading into ministry by answering questions related to, but not limited to, being called into ministry, programs at KU, and finances, as you and the students discern by the Holy Spirit if Kingswood is the place for their ministerial preparation to take place.
- Nourish your own spiritual and professional growth and vitality that will encourage your maximum effectiveness under God’s anointing.
- Thoroughly know and recruit for KU degrees and the Ecclesia Project including proactively connecting with influencers in your assigned territory.
- Travel to various conferences, including Follow (Wesleyan youth conference).
- Plan and lead a “March Break Tour” through a designated area with a campus student ministry team.
- Oversee the Ecclesia Project by monitoring the process from application to conclusion of trips.
- Manage your travel budget within parameters established with the VP for Enrolment.
- In conjunction with other enrolment staff, set monthly enrolment goals and make every possible effort to achieve goals.
- Schedule and plan all respective student campus visits.
- Schedule, arrange and complete applicant home visits. Completion of home visits will be shared among the enrolment staff, depending on travel schedules.
- Monitor and facilitate the progress of half of our applicant pool through the application and enrolment process.
- Monitor each applicant’s financial aid application, working with the Director of Financial Aid, ensuring that satisfactory financial plan is in place.
- Attend weekly enrolment staff meeting, being prepared to give an update of progress with campus and home visits, status of Ecclesia summer trips, recent travel, and position of applicants in enrolment process.
- Planning and orchestrating Kingswood “Encounter” (youth conference) weekend.
- Work alongside of the VP for Enrolment in the specific areas of: researching topics on enrolment, marketing and communications, developing summer ministry travel teams, and brainstorming new enrolment initiatives.
- Increase your understanding of KU’s degrees, prepare sermons, and develop speeches related to Kingswood in order to be prepared for travelling engagements.
- Attend chapel on a regular basis
- View your position as a ministry including mentoring students in their Christian walk as opportunities arise in the fulfillment of your responsibilities
Experience & Skills
The ideal candidate will have experience and skills in the following areas:
- Youth ministry experience
- A bachelor’s degree
- Superior interpersonal, public speaking, and writing skills
- Management, organizational and analytical skills
- Goal oriented self starting with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Understanding of and ability to communicate Christian values and beliefs to students
Values & Attributes
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following values and attributes:
- Godly, spiritually mature, with full-hearted devotion to Christ and the Church;
- Genuine and apparent love for other persons demonstrated by consistent spirit of kindness, compassion and respect for all other persons;
- Person of integrity and moral excellence, with life above reproach;
- Code of personal conduct consistent with membership commitments for leaders in The Wesleyan Church;
- Commitment to enthusiastically assist in fulfillment of the university’s mission;
General University Information
Kingswood University is owned and operated by The Wesleyan Church. The mission of Kingswood is to educate and equip Christ-like spiritual leaders for ministry in the Church of Jesus Christ.
Rev. Brittany Trafton, VP for Enrolment
26 Western St., PO Box 5125 Sussex, NB, E4E 1E6 Email:
Phone: (506) 432-4402 Fax: (506) 432-4442
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 5536 ]