Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and World. We do this together through our Gatherings, our Groups, our Giving and our Going. We gather for a renewed and inspired perspective, we group to put this inspired life into practice, we give to produce growth, and we go to perpetuate the goodness of God.
the bridge is looking for a Technical Director who will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality technical production for weekend services and special gatherings. This includes overseeing a volunteer production team and proper management of all audio, visual and lighting systems and infrastructure at the bridge. As the Technical Director, this position will also oversee the area of IT. The Director will develop and execute a vision and philosophy for tech ministry.
- Lead and develop relationships with a team of volunteers for the tech ministry.
- Discover, develop, deploy and debrief a team of volunteers in the areas of audio, visual, lighting, service directing and IT.
- Schedule volunteers for weekend services and other special gatherings and events as required (i.e. weddings, funerals, seminars, etc.).
- Train volunteers for other ministries as required (e.g. youth and young adult ministries).
- Oversee all things related to the technical weekend experience. (i.e. audio, visual, live stream, lighting and service directing)
- Be present for services to ensure all areas are managed successfully and with excellence.
- Develop procedure manuals and standards of excellence for the tech ministry.
- Manage all tech equipment, systems and infrastructure; developing plans for maintenance and support of all tech equipment.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to identify and manage AV projects and other technical needs for weekend services and events.
- Work collaboratively with the Worship & Creative Arts Pastor to create an atmosphere of worship and participation for weekend and special gatherings through technical excellence.
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure production elements related to weekend services, events, etc. are ready. (e.g. weekend slides, videos, etc. for ProPresenter)
- Partner with the Worship & Creative Arts Pastor and Communications team on projects, including videos, graphics, set design concepts, etc.
- Oversee IT in the areas of hardware, software, network, etc.
- Troubleshoot technical matters; working closely with volunteers as required.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers in identifying and managing IT projects, infrastructure, inventory and maintenance of equipment, and other IT needs as required.
- Management of tech budget and collaborate in creation of annual budget.
- Attend and assist with staff meetings, retreats, events, etc. as required.
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in a cross-cultural context, with the ability to build and motivate teams.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding regarding production of events / weekend services.
- Knowledge, skills and ability with audio visual equipment.
- Ability to communicate and execute the vision and needs of weekend services / events.
- Strong computer skills with familiarity in both a PC and MAC environment.
- Experience with ProPresenter and Planning Centre an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A high capacity, energetic self-starter who can think strategically, adapt and problem solve.
- The ability to support and promote the bridge’s beliefs, mission, vision and values.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in audio / visual technology an asset.
This position will be part-time for approximately 15 hours per week and must be able to work on Sundays.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 5551 ]