Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and World. We do this together through our Gatherings, our Groups, our Giving and our Going. We gather for a renewed and inspired perspective, we group to put this inspired life into practice, we give to produce growth, and we go to perpetuate the goodness of God.
the bridge is looking for a Communications Media Designer who will provide integral support to the ministries of the church by assisting with print, web, graphic design, as well as both internal and external email communications. He/she will publish final designs, layouts, and messages to our print, web, and email mediums, while ensuring accuracy, consistency, brand standards, and quality.
- Work with the Communications Pastor to produce graphic design work for print, web, email and social media, ensuring quality and effective design (e.g. weekly bulletin, promotion pieces, invitations, etc.)
- Manipulate and work with video platforms such as Adobe Premiere & After Effects
- Design the weekly bulletin, ensuring events and initiatives of the bridge are communicated effectively and accurately
- Partner with the Communications Pastor to ensure accurate content for all print pieces
- Print all church-wide communication pieces (e.g. new series promotion, special event invitations, annual impact report, etc.)
- Create signage for church events and rentals as required (e.g. orientation classes, seasonal groups, seminars, etc.)
- Partner with staff to execute all other production-related printing for church ministries (e.g. ministry promotional material, nametags, booklets, etc.)
- Assist with out-of-house print projects with vendors (e.g. business cards, banners, posters, etc.)
- Partner with the Office Coordinator to ensure adequate photocopier supplies and maintenance
- Work closely with the Communications Pastor to maintain the website, ensuring content, event calendars, and graphics are regularly updated, accurate and working effectively
- Partner with the staff on web content for respective ministries
Social Media Assistance:
- Assist with social media posting and scheduling
- Create artwork for social media as required
- Create sermon slides and announcement slides needed for services. Partner with the Worship & Creative Arts Pastor to ensure that they are displayed effectively
- Assist with communication related set-up for events as required (e.g. banners, posters, etc.)
- Edit weekly photos for social media and other communication needs
- Other related duties as required
The Communications Assistant will have:
- Experience with graphic design, web content management and print production
- A High level of professionalism, an optimistic attitude and a servant’s heart
- An eye for design and creativity, with excellent visual communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to adapt, problem solve and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere & After Effects, Lightroom) with basic knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with email platforms (e.g. Mailchimp) and databases an asset
- Education in communications, graphic design and/or production an asset
- The ability to support and promote the bridge’s beliefs, mission, vision and values.
This is a part-time position for 15 hours per week.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 5552 ]