Support Centre Receptionist
Support Centre Receptionist
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
Support Centre Receptionists are often the first point of contact for guests and visitors to the 102 Support Centre. This position is fast paced and the candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while still maintaining a compassionate and professional approach with all stakeholders. Answering incoming phone calls and inquiries from guests and volunteers is primary to this role, as is working closely with The Mustard Seed guests by encouraging them in their journey and connecting them with the appropriate resources.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer phone calls in a polite and courteous manner as well as track, log, and transfer phone calls accordingly;
• Create guest profiles, using the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), and refer guests to the appropriate services;
• Sign guests into the 102 Support Centre and book appointments for guests with program staff;
• Oversee and monitor volunteer & guest activities within the Support Centre;
• Greet and ensure visitors are treated with excellence and appreciation;
• Greet volunteers appropriately and ensure they are assisted as needed;
• Consistently communicate with the Street Level Team as issues arise;
• Perform clerical duties;
• Provide crisis intervention as required;
• Track statistics, prepare reports, attend training as required;
• Other duties and tasks as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in related program in Human Services
• Strong people and communication skills,
• Knowledge of mental illness and addictions preferred;
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
• Good organizational and time management skills;
• Proven computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Excellent customer service skills;
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team
• Desire to serve in a Christian street ministry
• Strong desire to work with a marginalized population.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• This position is part of a regular work week schedule, running 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, from Monday - Friday;
• The working environment for this position requires moderate amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, and daily interactions with colleagues and guests.
• This position is often fast-paced, and requires a focused amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve.
• Candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5556 ]