Full Time Child Care Supervisor
Full Time Child Care Supervisor
Brampton, Ontario , L6S 4B7
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
Position Purpose Summary:
The Brampton Noah’s Ark Child Care Supervisor is the leader of the child care centre whose main purpose is to ensure the child care centre is providing exceptional care and education to children and families. The Supervisor will adhere to all Ministry of Education’s Child Care and Early Years regulations and Salvation Army Policies and Procedures. The Supervisor will hire, support, coach and monitor staff and will manage the operating budget ensuring the child care centre is fiscally responsible. The Supervisor will lead the team through a large construction project during the summer of 2018 which will increase the capacity of the child care centre to include 10 infants, 5 additional toddlers and up to 26 kinder children.
- Manage all aspects of an Infant, Toddler, Preschool, Kinder, School Age, Christmas break, March break and Summer Camp program
- Ensure compliance with the Ministry of Education, the Region of Peel and The Salvation Army regulations, requirements and policies and procedures
- Ensure all areas are well organized and that areas, materials and equipment are safe and clean
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children
- Support the educators, children and families through a large renovation project
- Understand the legal responsibilities to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services
- Guide, coach and mentor educators to implement a relationship focused, play based, emergent program that is developmentally appropriate. Ensure the CCEYA is adhered to and How Does Learning Happen implemented
- Support educators to embed biblical stories and the Salvation Army’s mission and core values in the daily program
- Plan monthly staff meetings
- Post, interview and hire educators
- Conduct annual PEAC performance reviews
- Develop professional relationships with families ensuring all families feel a sense of belonging
- Plan and implement family events
- Provide families with additional resources when needed; Pastoral Care from the church pastor, food bank referrals, support for children with special needs, etc.
Students and Volunteers
- Welcome students and volunteers and ensure the Student/Volunteer Policy is adhered to
- Assign students and volunteers meaningful tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with community partners; Ministry of Education Program Advisors, Region of Peel Early Learning Specialists, caterer and other community partners
- This position reports directly to The Salvation Army Director of Child Care Services
- This position directly supervises all employees, students and volunteers at Brampton Noah’s Ark Child Care
- Regularly communicate and interact with the Director of Child Care Services
- Participate in monthly Supervisor meetings
- Create a warm, welcoming and supportive work environment for all employees
- Maintain a positive partnership with the Brampton Citadel Salvation Army Church
- Participate in developing the annual budget, review and maintain the monthly budget
- Accurately submit weekly payroll information and approve staff expenses
- Pay invoices in a timely manner
- Purchase developmentally appropriate furnishings, equipment and materials according to the budget allocation and other available funding
- Collect parent fees and reconcile municipal funding for parent fees
- Adhere to all of the Salvation Army’s financial policies and procedures
- Maintain children’s attendance records and submit subsidy attendance to the Region of Peel
- Maintain staff attendance
- Update and maintain staff and children’s files and ensure mandatory checklists/forms are completed
- Maintain a waitlist working toward full capacity
- Provide welcoming and informative tours to prospective families
- Ensure all Policies and Procedures are adhered to
- Other duties as assigned
- Represent the Salvation Army in a professional manner; clean business casual attire, proper hygiene, professional communication, etc.
- Attend professional development activities
- Complete the Continuous Professional Learning Program as required by the College of ECE
- Provide educators with opportunities to attend Professional Development Activities
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
- Must be registered and a member in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Supervisor in a child care program
- Solid understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Advanced leadership skills
- Financial and business management experience—minimum requirement: Basic mathematical skills and understanding of operating budgets
- Actively involved in Continuous Professional Development
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with families, staff, students, volunteers and community partners
- Excellent written communication skills
- Well-developed computer skills and the ability to learn and adapt to a variety of computer programs
- Ability to work within a Christian perspective valuing inclusiveness
- Valid standard first aid certification including infant and child CPR
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Ability to work between the hours of 7am and 6pm, (some evening work is required)
SALARY: $21.85 - $27.31 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact Linda Gilbert by June 27, 2018
Fax: 416 321-8136
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 5561 ]