Resident Engagement Worker
Resident Engagement Worker
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Mustard Seed is committed to helping people who are homeless transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles. Permanent Supportive Housing at The Mustard Seed provides a safe and supportive environment to all residents. Reporting to the Resident Program Supervisors the Resident Engagement Worker is responsible to ensure the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being of the residents in our Permanent Supportive Housing program and work collaboratively with their support systems to encourage resident independence, community engagement and housing stability.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Connecting with a specified group of residents living in supportive housing on an
on-going basis to assist in building the skills of daily living;
• Supporting the working relationship between the resident and their Support Network; refer the resident back to their Case Worker whenever possible/necessary; Ensuring clear lines of communication with outside organizations who serve the residents;
• Referring residents to The Mustard Seed services and collaborating with those services; Providing information about community supports;
• Documenting resident interactions, resident referrals, progress and any change in behaviour; Completing 6 month reassessments; Completing Resident Care Plans when necessary; Completing incident reports and daily logs in a timely manner;
• Welcoming and supporting volunteers when necessary;
• Cover Front Desk for patrols and breaks.
• Hosting community events; Engaging in Intentional Interaction with residents to build rapport and foster community
• Other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta;
• Diploma or an undergraduate degree;
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working with marginalized individuals;
• Strong communication skills and ability to work within a cross-functional team;
• The ability to interact with a variety of individuals
• Strong administrative and computer skills;
• Conflict resolution skills and ability to manage residents in crisis situations.
• 2 positions to be filled
• This is a fulltime position – day shifts: 7:00 am – 3:30pm and 10:45am – 7:15pm
• Shifts are 5 days a week; Sunday-Thursday
• Employment Security Check is required
• As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5605 ]