Full Time Truck Driver
Full Time Truck Driver
Lindsay, Ontario , K9V 3Z5
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
- Pre and Post inspection of truck required daily and fill out sheets completed
- Log Book of daily travel completed daily
- Up to date commercial abstract
- Inspect safety equipment once a month
- In consultation with Thrift Store Manager Schedule appointments for regular maintenance of truck re oil change etc.
- Pick up and deliver furniture/clothing/household items
- Pick up food for Community Services Food Bank
- Responsible for all general maintenance and upkeep of facility including snow removal from entrances and walkways.
- Responsible for maintenance of seasonal items and equipment
- Responsible for general in-between cleaning of the facility
- Responsible for emptying donation bins daily
- Responsible for transporting recycle clothing to designated location and scheduling pick-up of trailer when full
- Responsible for moving paper/plastic recycling to curb on time for weekly pick up
- Responsible for regular garbage disposal to landfill or to dumpster
- Responsible for breaking down all cardboard and transferring to cardboard dumpster
- Collecting refuse from the Church and Quarters as required
- Responsible for pick-up of APS reclamation and Railside reclamation twice a month from Toronto
- Responsible to assist in all aspects of the sorting room and Food Bank activities as time permits
- Responsible to assist with Christmas Campaign and activities
- Responsible to assist with other duties as required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma
- Valid “G” class license with appropriate certification
- Proof of clean driving record
- CVOR Training an asset
- At least one year of prior related experience
- Able to lift over 50 pounds
- Good Communication Skills
- Able to work well within a team as well as independently with minimum supervision
- Comfortable with The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
- Ability to represent The Salvation Army in a positive and pleasant manner in person and on the telephone
- Ability to turn down unacceptable items in a courteous manner
- Attention to detail
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- WHMIS Training and Armatus Training an asset
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR an asset
HOURS: 30 hours per week
SALARY: $14.70 - $18.37 per hour
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5615 ]