Grand Rapids, Ontario , 49508
Job Title: Representative for Ministry Advancement
Reports To: Vice President for Ministry Advancement
Department: Fund Development
Travel Required: Up to 50%
Location: Ontario, Canada
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Date Posted: July 3, 2018
To apply please include a cover letter and resume and send to:
Subject Line: Development – Friends of Israel
Mail: The Timothy Group, For Friends of Israel, 1663 Sutherland Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI USA 49508
The Representative for Ministry Advancement (RMA) is responsible for the planning, organization, and coordination of The Friends of Israel’s efforts that are necessary to effectively minister to our donors and raise gift income. Recognizing that “ministry precedes money,” the RMA will develop personal relationships with our donors that will lead to both current and future gift income. This will include operational, capital and planned giving fundraising. This person will oversee the strategy, structure, and management of his/her designated geographical territory.
- Work with the Vice President for Ministry Advancement in drafting an actionable plan with objectives, goals, methods, and a reasonable timeline for all capital campaigns, operational, and planned giving funding.
- Organize regional activities and volunteers to address the areas of operational, capital and deferred gifts needed from individuals.
- Develop and maintain reports on progress toward goals and report weekly and monthly to VP for Ministry Advancement.
- Maintain an effective record and acknowledgment system with the VP for Advancement.
- Manage proposals, key donor correspondence, promotional materials, and other ideas necessary to sustain the fundraising efforts
- Work with staff on specialized tasks such as conferences.
Education, experience, and competencies
- Hold a BA or other appropriate degree
- Be a born-again believer and agree with FOI principles and doctrinal statements
- The ability to make strong personal presentations
- An interest in the Friends of Israel with some history of giving and working for like organizations
· Full-time position and will work up to 50 hours each week. May work over scheduled hours during peak seasons and depending upon need.
· Position requires candidates to work evenings and weekends.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 5636 ]