Shaunavon, Saskatchewan , S0N 2M0
POSITION: Head Cook
REPORTING TO: Executive Director, Head Administrator
SUPERVISING: Kitchen and food preparation
Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13-18 year old boys with life-controlling issues. This program encompasses spiritual, academic, and vocational training to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens. Rock Solid Refuge is on a farm setting, 34 km northeast of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
Represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal devotions.
The Head Cook will be in charge of food preparation Monday–Friday (40 hours per week). Co-ordinate, schedule, and oversee all meals, snacks, shopping, and all that pertains to the kitchen, including cleaning.
- Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view
- References attesting to a lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- An understanding of integrating the Christian faith in relating to students
- Prepare meals and snacks for Monday – Friday
- Plan food for out-trips and events such as family camp
- Shopping day is a full RSR day; other errands will be required of you
- Ensure that snacks, especially the evening snack (Optional in communication with Leads and student life), are healthful foods such as fruit, crackers, etc. Exceptions can be made for a movie night or some special event (very rare)
- Seek to incorporate detoxifying foods into daily diet; be in communication with directing staff on foods that are beneficial for detoxification
- Ensure each lunch and supper consist of at least one meat, one starch, and vegetables
- Co-ordinate food donations of meat, eggs, and other gifts
- Ensure the kitchen is always up to standard cleanliness and ready for the inspector’s visits
- Ensure all transitions of cooks go smoothly
- Have the replacement cook schedule in place and communicated to Head Administrator before leaving for holidays or time off
- Purchase, stock, and prepare cleaning supplies; keep Chemical Room tidy and organized
- Wash, dry, fold, and put away kitchen and Chemical Room laundry
- Pray for students and staff. Communicate to the directors concerns or progress in the students
- Planning for Staff and Student Birthday Cake/Circulation of Birthday Cards.
- Some other duties as assigned, time permitting
The Head Cook is supervised by the Head Administrator, including training and follow-up. Concerns, improvements to the kitchen, and the cook’s job expectations, can be discussed with the supervisor
Safe Food Handling and First Aid certificates are required; NVCI and safety training provided by RSR
As soon as possible
To be determined
Rock Solid Refuge expects the highest level of integrity to furthering the gospel of Jesus Christ
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 5662 ]